Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Picture post (no fiber content!)

I was messing around with my camera yesterday and took some pretty cool pics. So i thought I'd share 'em ;) Now, these first couple were taken last night. We were out by the fire pit enjoying the cool night and roasting marshmallows. I happened to look up and the moon was shining down on us through a gap in the leaves of one of the trees. I desperately wanted to photograph it, it really was gorgeous. There were a couple of small leafless twigs that crossed each other in the gap where you could see the moon, and the effect of those bare twigs across the misty looking moon was lovely. I of course, haven't the first clue what I am doing though, so my photos didn't turn out the way I wanted them too. I swear someday I am going to take a class lol. Anyway, these are what I ended up with... all thumbnails are clickable as usual.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This one is as close as I could come to getting what I was trying for... and it's still not right, I didn't want the flash... All I really wanted was the moon and the shadow of the twigs but without the flash I couldn't even come close.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Now, these I took earlier in the day. The boys were out in the street doing tricks on their bikes, practicing some of the things they learned from a BMX racer they met a few days ago.

The boys were trying to all three do some trick where they all stop on their front tires and have the back ones up in the air... it almost worked too ;)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

It eventually worked out...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



There is much falling when they practice ;)



I still have a long way to go to really know what I am doing with this camera, but I am slowly getting there lol. Someday I'll figure out the lighting thing, maybe be able to take pics that aren't blurry or fuzzy... but in the meantime it sure is fun to play ;)

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home