Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Birthday Boy

My baby turned twelve yesterday...

We're doing a small party on Sunday where he's inviting a few of the neighborhood boys he's made friends with, but last night we had the family thing. We did burgers and dogs on the grill (because it was a thousand degrees yesterday and sorry, Mama ain't cooking his favorite meal in that heat) and at the exact moment of his birth we lit the candle on his Otis Spunkmyer (sp?) Chocolate Chocolate Chip muffin (special request by the bday boy) and sang the birthday song. The kids were kinda bummed that we took the muffins away till after dinner, but rules are rules and when you have two such picky kids you can't relent on them.

All he wanted for his bday was a new bike that he could do jumps and tricks with, and an Air Soft gun. I got him the bike yesterday, and he'll be getting the gun Sunday from my friend and her family. I'm also getting him a new watch. It's a pretty slim bday compared to what I normally do, but circumstances being what they are right now, he's totaly cool with it since he's getting exactly what he asked for. He's very happy with his bike, as you'll see below...

B on his new bike, pretty snazzy huh? Loving that cheesy grin lol. The first two pics he wouldn't smile (he goes for the serious look in pics) and when we complained this cheesy grin was what we got lol

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Doing tricks already ;)


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This was at the exact moment of his birth (12 years later of course!)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now, we have everyone else's bdays coming up in short order. Friend's son is early in Sept. her hubby is on Sept. 24th, my hubby's a few days later, then friend's daughter in late Oct. Followed by Xmas soon after. Too many gift giving occasion all at one time lol

So, have any of ya'll melted away yet? I swear this heat is ridiculous! We've had heat indexes nearing 110 degrees! I about died when I saw 98 degrees pop up at 1:30 day before yesterday. I didn't think it'd get *that* hot up here. We're pretty far north, I just didn't expect it I guess. If I was in Texas I wouldn't have thought twice about it. In Arizona 98 degrees is tolerable. Here though, it flippin' sucks. When my friend asked what we should do for dinner all I could suggest was a nice bowl of ice, laid out on a bed of ice, served with ice on the side. Ice Cream for desert maybe lol. What we ended up doing was burgers n dogs on the grill with chips on the side, followed by nice frozen Pina Coladas for the adults. The kids had root beer rofl.

I keep hearing that we'll be getting a break from the heat today but so far I'm not feeling it. I did notice that the elephant that's been sitting on my chest the past several days has moved away for the moment, which tells me the humidity or something has changed a bit. I don't have asthma, but I do have something going on with my lungs, the doc told me over a decade ago what it was but I forgot. I rarely have issues and haven't needed an inhaler since before B was born, but the past three days I was really wishing I had one. I had the tightness, coughing, and a slight wheeze but I managed to avert having an all out attack. When that used to happen, I'd cough my head off and wheeze horribly for about four hours, then it'd gradually pass. That was before I'd broken down and gone to the doc. Once I got the inhaler I never had another attack like that. If I hadn't remembered that strong coffee opens up the airways, I might have suffered through one or two attacks, but I did remember so was able to prevent them. And yes, I'm still smoking... but not much. No, not quitting, just have sense enough to try not to smoke very much right now. No lectures please, I know, really I do.

I'm still stuck on the baby foot. The charts only give foot length, I also need ankle circ. and I need to know the circ of the actual little foot so I can get the sizing right. We're going to WlaMart again tonight, I'm sticking my sheepie in my purse and I will either figure it out from shoes or something in the baby dept. or I might just hang out over there till someone with a teensy baby shows up and see if I can possibly talk them into letting me borrow their baby's foot for a brief second ;) Can you see me stalking the baby section, with Sheepie in hand and pencil tucked in my ear lol. "Please ma'am, might I borrow your infant's foot for a moment to take some measurememtns... wait, I'm not a weirdo really! Don't run away!"

Here's a favor I could use... if anyone has the Crochet Stitch Bible and wouldn't mind looking up a stitch for me I'd really appreciate it. I'm looking for the Daisy Stitch, and I am pretty sure it was in that book I saw it. I know it's a lot to ask but if anyone could help me out there? I don't know if it'd be copyright infringment or not, I do own the book, I just don't happen to have it with me at the moment.

Ugh, well I'm going to get off here, it's already warming up (I'm sweating as I sit here typing) and I really should get these few dishes done and wake the kids....

Try to stay cool....

3 comment(s):

  • awww Happy Bday to B What a great bike...

    I'll take a gander around for that sticth and either send you a link or if I have it I will scan it and email it to you.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:56 AM  

  • Happy birthday to B!

    Gawd, yeah, the weather's been vile. It just doesn't stay this hot for as long as it does further south. The AC in the store couldn't keep up the past couple days--it was *so* hot in here.

    I know what you mean about the weather and breathing problems. (And no lectures here--I have very mild asthma, the kind where I don't really need an inhaler unless I'm sick or get exposed to a trigger like car exhaust or aerosols, and I smoke anyway, so we're in the same boat.) The first few really hot/humid days of the year I tend to wheeze a lot.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 AM  

  • Happy Birthday, B! He looks so thrilled with his new bike, LOL.

    If Kari doesn't have any luck hunting down the daisy stitch, email me - [nmnenado@yahoo.com] - it might be in one of the harmony guides, and I could dig it up for ya.


    By Blogger hi, i'm natalie, at 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home