Chillin' in Ohio
Mornin folks =) We're here in Ohio now! It's so great to be here with my friend and her family! I met her when I first moved to Virginia and got the boy in school. Her boy was in B's class and we lived on the same little street. It wasn't long before we were stopping at my house for coffee after the boys got on the bus, and it seemed like we were just instant friends. When our husbands both depolyed on the USS Enterprise for 6 months we really got each other through it, being the first time for both of us that our hubby's were gone for so long. We practically moved in with each other lol. We slept at our own houses, but from the time we woke up till it was time to crash at night we were together. The boys would spend the night at whichever house they happened to be at when their bedtime hit =) Honestly, she's more like a sister to me than a friend, same with my other friend Kell in Va. Bch. She and Brandi just hit it off from the beginning =) I think their friendship has helped them both out since I left the states and Brandi moved up here. It was such a huge change for all of us, so much hapened in all of our lives at that time and I felt bad that I couldn't be here for the two of them when they were going through the changes when their hubby's both got out of the Navy, I'm glad they had each other yanno?We're working on getting Brandi back down to Va. the poor thing is just hating life up here. She's a southern girl through and through lol. The winters are the worst for her, from the sounds of it the winter's are much like Germany. Freezing cold, very long and little or no sunshine. That's the thing I think I hate the most, next to the fact of being so damned far from home lol. We're just not winter girls lol. I should be since my bday falls in the dead of winter, but seriously, I have never cared for winter. I shoulda been a spring or summer baby, I'm convinced ;)
As for me, I am working on finding a way to stay in the states. Hubby and I are discussing doing an early PCS (permanennt change of station) move, where the Navy/Army/whoever packs up our household goods and ships it home to me and the boy, hubby'd stay there till his time is up. The service calls it Geo-bachelor. They pay you a bit differently so you can support two households basically. He's supposed to be checking into it and getting it started. I'm really hoping he can do it. I'd like to be able to put the boy in one school for the whole year, rather than half a year in Germany and half in VA. It's hard enough to be the new kid, but it's really tough to be the new kid that late in the year. And in middle school it's even harder. The kid's been through so much these past few years, if I can make this transition any easier, I really want to.
It'd be tight, financially, but I could go to work to make up the difference and make it easier on us. The ultimate goal is to find a place big enough that I can go back into home child care. I'd like to have a big fenced yard and a room for the wee ones to play/nap in. The thing is, right now we can't afford that much house. We wanted to buy, but we just can't pay the prices they're asking there. The average is over $200,000 and for something like what we'd like, it'd be closer to 250 or 300! No way. I'll wait it out, the prices will drop to more affordable, more comfortable ranges before too much longer. In the meantime we'll just have to rent for a while longer.
Tomorrow is going to be a fun day! We're driving down to Columbus to meet up with Kari (and family!) and Stacey at the zoo =) It's going to be great! Brandi's hubby is going to drive me down, she has to work unfortunately, but the kids will love it. It'll get them out of the house and be something fun. I think it's a couple of hours on the road each way, but they'll do fine =) I'm excited about seeing the girls, and finally meeting Kari's hubby and boy =) I already feel like I know them all lol. It was the same with Lani and Beth... it was comfortable from the first moment. I can't wait!
Well, gonna jump off here, the kids are stirring so it's about to get noisy and rambunctios around here rofl. Hope ya'll are having a great summer so far!






1 comment(s):
You couldn't pay me to live in Cleveland. The winters there are miserable, and the lake-effect snow is freakin brutal. Check this out: http://www.dot.state.oh.us/snomap.htm I live in the 30-inch snow band, and really we don't even get that most years. Up Cleveland way it's 60-100 inches, depending on where you live. ::shudder::
By
Anonymous, at
11:11 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home