Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Friday, May 26, 2006

Checking in

Not too much reportable going on lol. We're having a good time though =) I think the boy is getting tired of all the estrogen in this house though (with me here there's four human females plus one female dog vs two human males and a male cat) He's not used to being in the minority lol. We've done plenty of fun stuff for him though, bowling, swimming etc. with a trip to the beach in the works for next week. Won't be too much longer before we're heading north and he'll be with his best friend, and boy howdy am I looking forward to that! I love my kid, but I am looking forward to the break I'll have once he's with A lol. Part of the reason I haven't been blogging or on DoD much is bc the laptop is being commandeered by the boy so he can play games etc. in an effort to get away from My Little Ponies (when he told the 4 yr old he didn't know how to play with ponies she informed him "Don't worry, I'll *teach* you") and little kid cartoons. She also reads (at probably a second grade level) so he has to shoo her away when he's doing email (me too for that matter, gawd if she reads "fuck" I'd shit myself) or anything he wouldn't want a wee one reading (not that he does much that wouldn't be appropriate, but still it's the privacy thing I think) It's funny to watch this toddler reading words like "origami" (I've seen her read bigger words) and comprehending whole sentances and paragraphs. She even gets humourous stuff. Kell has a tshirt that reads "Friends don't let friends eat grocery store ice cream" and when the wee one read that she chuckled! Coldstone is where they get ice cream so she really gets that shirt. It trips me out, seriously.

I am so close to being finished with the boucle wrap, maybe one more repeat to go. Nearly there, and thank the Gods because I am so over the drop stitch rofl. I'm anxious to crochet something! I can't start anything till the wrap is done though or I'll never finish it. I'll probably finish it tonight if we stay home. Kell is working, but we might go to the Strawberry Festival if things work out. It's tentative though so we don't know yet. If it works out, her hubby and I will take the kids, meet up with her sis and family I guess. Kell won't get off till 9, so she has to miss it, which sucks. I've never been (in spite of living her for years before lol) so I'm kinda looking forward to it, but on the other hand, I'm kinda crampy and would rather curl up on the couch with my knitting. I guess we'll just see. Haven't heard from her sis yet on the tickets and without that we wont be going.

Guess I should go shower in case we do go, my hair is yucky. I forgot how much faster it seems to feel gross here. I don't know if it's the salty air or the pollution or what, but here I have to wash my hair more often than over there, even if I don't get sweaty. Though the past two days have been pretty darn warm! High 80's yesterday, currnetly 92. And muggy. I forgot about the humidity too lol. I'm not complaining though, I'm enjoying it while I can. I'll bitch once we move back to it full time though, I'm sure. Right now, it's just a welcome break from cold.

Ok, going now.....

3 comment(s):

  • Hi Marvie (waving frantically).

    Glad you are having such a good time. Weather is humid here isn't it-ick.


    By Blogger Deneen, at 4:49 PM  

  • Hello from the cold and wet side of the planet! Nasty weather over here right now! Ugh!!

    FInished the wrap yet? I'm about 3/4 of the way done with mine...I might finish it sometime this year! *grin*


    By Blogger Kimberly, at 4:58 AM  

  • Hmmm--I think I may have been to said Strawberry Festival. The food was yummy, but it was hot as hell.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home