Reporting in... From Germany still
Posting at 5:30am Friday....Well, we’re waiting. We arrived last night and got a room, then went and had Chili’s for dinner. I had yummy fajitas followed by Molten Chocolate Cake with a Cloud Nine (Irish coffee goodness) for desert. The boy desperately wanted chili and chili cheese fries, but the fries weren’t an actual menu item, so the waitress talked the kitchen folks into hooking him up anyway. He was a happy boy = ) and I was a happy mommy lol.
I was not such a happy mommy when the alarm went off at 4AM (just four hours after I fell asleep!) But we got up and made it to the terminal by 5:30. Only to not get called for the flight. They only had 50 seats and never even got through the Cat-3’s.
I talked to people who’ve been trying to get out of here since Saturday or Sunday. This does not bode well for us. Sooo we hung around the terminal in hopes they might “find” more seats (I’ve heard of it happening) but nothing came up and there was nothing heading out stateside the rest of the day. So we hopped on a shuttle, got another room and here we sit. (I’m typing this in word and will post it when we get to the airport in the morning.)
After we hauled our bags to our top! Floor room (my bag is flippin’ heavy!) and cooled off for a few, we decided we better do something about food for the evening. So we put our shoes back on and walked to the commissary… though even with the so called map they gave me at reception I still got lost and had to ask directions from a nice man who didn’t think… well didn’t treat me like I was the biggest idiot ever. Umm the streets have no fuckin’ signage. The map has street names, butt he streets do not. The map also doesn’t show that our building is on some damned side road, NOT on the main road like the map makes it appear. So three blocks or so out of our way, the kind young man got us turned in the right direction.
We found the commissary and Oh. My. Gods! We felt like tourists from the deepst hills of West Virginia or something. The place was huge! It had new flavors of Capri Suns that B had never seen, it had aisles upon aisles of shelves that (get this!) had FOOD in them. We walked through this aruchway and the boy gasps and says “Look left, quick” and the mommy wanted to cry. The mommy wanted to grocery shop. The mommy was good though, because we are only here for one more night (please oh please Goddess let us get out of here tomorrow!)
I saw a deli counter behind the mountains of produce so we made our way there to order sandwiches. The base commissaries (here at least, not sure about at home, I never did this there) made the absofuckinlutely best deli sammiches. Puts Subway to shame in a big way. The bread is yummier (and even fresher!) They give you plenty of meat and cheese. And a *Half* sandwich is bigger than subway’s footlong! We each ordered a quarter and those are about 6” long and abut the width of my hand wide.
Then we found a bakery and got ourselves some croissants for breakfast in the morning. After that we got some drinks for the night and left before we could be tempted by anything else lol.
The walk back to the room was shorter (since we knew where we were going rofl) and we are here now, the boy watching a movie and me sitting here at the breakfast bar drinking a cup of decaf (cuz seriously, I need sleep tonight) and typing this entry.
Oh, and I forgot t tell about the room! They assign based on rank I gather, and the fact that I have the boy with gets me a freakin’ suite. Ok, so it’s not the Ritz, but still. There’s a bedroom with TV, ceiling fan, and alarm clock. There’s a small kitchen with a teensy petite stove, sink dishwasher and fridge. Coffee pot and toaster. Dishes n all that jazz too. Then there’s the living room with fold out couch for the boy to sleep on, recliner for me to knit in (if I can stay awake) oh, and of course, a bathroom with a nice deep tub that’s surprisingly isn’t miles too long for me to actually relax in rofl. Yes, a hot bath last night, another tonight. Three suitcases and three flights of stairs in less than 24 hours…. Hot baths necessary lol.
Gods I am sleepy. I really wanna nap but I know sleeping now would screw me up later. Do I really care though? I can sleep on the plane. I might just doze for a little minute. Have B wake me in 30 minutes and go about the rest of our evening. Which will include much…. Nothing. Relaxing. Maybe some knitting. Quite possibly some reading. That’s it. Followed by bed and sleep. I hope this entire day doesn’t get repeated. I’ll deal with the 4 am wake up, if it means getting on a flippin flight.
Ok, ni-ni ya’ll. Will update as soon as I can!






4 comment(s):
cant wait to see you !
By
ThreeOliveMartini, at
10:54 PM
By
Anonymous, at
10:54 PM
By
Deneen, at
5:56 AM
Safe travels!
By
Unknown, at
6:20 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home