Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Monday, April 24, 2006

Busy Week Ahead

Mornin' everyone! Hope you all had gorgeous weekends =) The weather here is finally getting nice, less rain, more sun=good!

I've got a busy week ahead of me, one week from today I will be trying to get on a flight outta here! Lots to do! I have an appointment this afternoon to get my meds refilled. Got lucky there, cuz our clinic is understaffed for the number of people who use it so getting appointments can be hit or miss but I called this morning and scored one for this afternoon. So while I'm at that base I'll also pick up a few things for the trip (hand sanitizer, Dramamine for the boy, little stuff like that) and hit the thrift shop if I can get there in time. Might find a shirt or two if I'm really lucky. Gonna have the kid look for a few books for the plane ride.

I've got to get hubby to dig out our luggage soon. Also have to remember to take K's suitcase back to her cuz last year I came home with more than I let with so she loaned me her small one and I need to return it. I'm thinking I'll take the big suitcase for me, put her's inside it, then pack around that. B will get our small bag. I gave up on the 30 pound bag limit when I realized that also includes your carry-on. No way can I do that unless I mail everything lol. The normal regs for bags on these flights is 70 pounds, and Amtrak has a limit of 2 50 pound pags per person plus carry on, so I'll just keep our bags to that limit. If need be, I can split my big bag/little bag configuration up once we hit ground in the states but I doubt my bag will go over 50 pounds even with the little one in it. I just don't have enough clothes that fit to have to worry about that lol.

I've been crocheting! I don't have pics just yet, but really, I have been! I started a doily for my MIL and am just over halfway through it.

Then yesterday I was hit in the head by Inspiration. She informed me that I need lower back support on this flight and I really needed to do something about that right that second. She said I needed to make a lumbar support pillow. I argued with her that I have enough crap to deal with in my carry on luggage and I just don't have the space to add another pillow (I already have the neck thing and it isn't inflatable so it's kinda bulky.) So, Inspiration thought about it for a brief second and told me I needed to make a Sleeve that I could stuff with something I already planned to pack in my carry on. Like a sweatshirt or light jacket or change of clothes. Multifunctional. The sleeve itself won't take up much room and if I stuff it with something from my bag it gives me more space in the bag (at least during flight, at the end of the flight, I unstuff and repack) So I now have a shortish round sleevebagthing that will be my lumbar support pillow on the flight. With luck it will help keep the inevitable back pain at bay, or at the very least lessen the amount of pain. The thing will also double as a pillow for the boy's head if need be. Sure, they give you blankets and little pillows even on these flights, but seriously, those little pillows are a joke.

I have to call later and schedule a haircut. I needed it several weeks ago but put it off so I could get it done right before we leave. With luck I can get by till I get to Ohio and my friend can take me to her girl. I really need my highlights touched up too but I'm too cheap to spend the money right now. That too can wait till I'm in the states. I also have to remember to cut the boy's hair this week, cuz wow he needs it lol.

My list of crap to do gets longer by the day and I have yet to cross off a single finished item. Sheesh. I will be able to cross off a couple when I get home today though, so that'll feel good =)

Two of my cats have ear mites. Goofball has had ear issues since we got him, it comes and goes. I have never quite gotten rid of them completely inspite of the meds. Well, now Tigger has them too (they sleep in many of the same places) and poor Tugger is too fat to reach his ears to scratch! So, I've restarted the meds. The drops have to be put in their ears every other day for 3 weeks. I'll only get one week in before I leave, so hubby's going to have to do it for two. He never deals with things like this, it's always been my job. I wish I had discovered it a couple of weeks ago but, I didn't so now he's going to have to deal with it. I showed him how to medicate them last night. It's not hard, they struggle a bit, but it's really not hard. He just doesn't have patience. I may have to see if my neighbor will help out, she'll be coming over daily to check water levels and make sure Tugger doesn't lay around too much in the heat and develop UTI issues. Neither one of them will clean the ears out though. Maybe hubby will wipe out the outer bits with a coton ball at least. Once the meds kick in, all sorts of waxy stuff starts coming out and that's nearly as irritating to the kitties as all those little bugs running around in there. They also need to be given a flea treatment, though they don't have fleas, the stuff kills any mites that are living outside the ears. I need to order that come to think of it. Another thing on my to-do list.

Well, I need to get showered and all that jazz. Hope ya'll have a great week!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home