Foodie Friday (and other stuff)
Today is Foodie Friday, (I couldn't get the damn button to show, sorry ya'll) so as my first Foodie Friday post I am sharing a link that I found this morning via my blog subscriptions. Now, I love me some peanut butter cups, so I just may have to try this!Vegan Penut Butter Cups
Just in time for Easter too, which quite frankly I forgot about till I got the Easter cards from MIL. Which of course means I didn't budget for easter basket stuff for the boy. Fortunately we get paid today so I'll squeeze something out of there for it. Goodness knows the kid doesn't need any candy, he's still got Hallowe'en candy LOL. I had considered getting the Narnia movie for him, so there's something. We don't dye eggs or do a hunt (did when he was little) usually, I just set up a small basket of junk for him and that's pretty much the end of it. Hubby, though Catholic, doesn't celebrate religious holidays and well, I'm pagan (my easter was last month) so this is just for the kid. I'll run to the store later and get a couple of things for his tiny basket, and we can make those peanut butter cups together.
So I decided I'm going to make Auntie an afghan. I haven't settled on a pattern yet though. I've hunted high and low, and I found a couple of things that *might* work, but didn't scream out "Make me for Auntie!!!" I want something beautiful. A beautiful lady deserves a beautiful afghan. Nothing exceptionally fussy, I'd like her to be able to actually feel she can use it rather than only display it. Plus, she's a crocheter so simple or plain just wouldn't cut it in my eyes.
So, I'm still on the hunt, I'm saving all possibilities in a folder and I'll choose something by the time I get to Virginia. I won't have time to do much before leaving here anyway, so I thought my best bet would be to work on it there.
Well, not much else to talk about, it's still kinda early and I'm still waking up. I think I'll go get more coffee and do some more poking for patterns. Hope ya'll have a wonderful Easter weekend!






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home