Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Friday, April 07, 2006

Regularly Scheduled Blathering

Ahhh, peace and quiet! Hubby is at work, kiddo spent the night at a friend's house and the cats are all asleep. I guess I should enjoy these moments while I can, because it just hit me that once I leave for the states I won't see any quiet like this for two months. Hmmm, that's going to be rough. I love my friends dearly, but as ya'll know, I value my alone time very much. I'll have a great time though, and once school starts I'll have my days to myself again. I'll just hold on to that thought lol.

Not a whole lot of yarning to report. I picked up hubby's square the other day and Oh. My. Gods. After working on that sock, the needles and yarn for the square felt *huge*! I was all awkward and fumbling around. I did a few rows and set it aside.

I started a headband yesterday, but damned if I know yet if it's going to fit lol. I'm working it on DPN's and have only done like three rounds so far. Things on DPN's looks so small, but I worried about the sock and it was fine so I'm going to keep going and see what happens. If it's too small I can always gift it lol.

Some of you may remember a while back I won some yarn from an Ebay auction and was very disappointed to find it was all sport/sock weight yarn. I set the box aside and planned to get rid of it because I knew I'd never crochet with it. Well it occured to me yesterday that now I *can* use it! I can knit socks with it, and headbands and who knows what else! I don't know why I don't mind knitting with thin yarn but the thought of crocheting with it puts me in a bad mood lol.

We had a bit of a scare last night, we recently got the wedding rings I told you about. Well, mine was too big (we really didn't know what we were doing when we tried to measure lol) so I wrapped some yarn around it and planned to get it sized while I'm home. Hubby's was a tiny bit loose, but it fit. Well, he's been on that cabbage soup thing and really limiting his diet and he's lost several pounds... so last night he had just shown me how loose his ring was when not a half hour later he's walking around the house shaking blankets and looking for it! We looked all over, I even got a flashlight and looked under the couches and everywhere it might have hidden. No luck. He'd been cleaning in the kitchen, so after not finding it anywhere else he was afraid he was going to have to dig though the trashcan for it, which would have been no fun at all lol. We looked one last time, checking under the stove and fridge, in the dishwasher and in the cabinet where the cleaning stuff lives, then started moving the rugs on the kitchen floor... and there it was, sitting on one of the rugs! I don't know how we both missed it before that. We'd both walked right past/over it at least a half dozen times lol.

So it looks like we both need to have them sized. I'm sure I could send 'em back to the place we bought them, but I don't want to part with them for several weeks. Especially since I'm leaving in about three weeks, so I'd have to go the whole time I'm home without mine. I asked hubby to check the jewelry counter at the store on base and see if they do sizing or can tell us where we can get it done. I doubt they can do it here, they'd probably have to send it someplace or they'll tell us to go to Ramstein. Hopefully they can direct us to a local place at least.

Well, quiet time is over. The boy is home and he didn't have a very good time it seems. So I'm going to get off here and let him tell me about it.

Have a good day, and weekend!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home