Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Friday, April 07, 2006

Spring Cleaning

Yeah, if Uh-Oh she's cleaning, is what any of you are thinking then uh oh is right. Some (ok one or two) of you have maybe read my post on how I go about housework (I'm too busy to look it up for ya right now, I'm cleaning ya know) and if you have read it, then you know it takes all day and I get absolutely notafuckinthing accomplished. It hasn't changed.

It started because of the *Buffalopes. I discovered them last night in the Ring Hunt. So today I dragged out the Swiffer and the stick vac and attacked the scary monsters. I put the doohicky on the swiffer and ran it under everything I couldn't move to vacuum under. Then I started moving stuff. I vacuumed part of one room, mopped it, went out to smoke.

Came back and saw my mini teapot shelf (it's usually out of my line of sight because of the coat tree) and realized I hadn't dusted it in... oh forever. So I grabbed the step stool and took all the little teapots off, took them to the kitchen and filled the sink with soapy water so I could wash 'em. Dusted the shelf, washed the little teapots and left them on a towel to dry.

Then, since I already had the sink full of water I figured I might as well wash the rest of my teapots. So I started taking them off the shelves and carrying them to the kitchen.

Then the bread I'd started was ready to come out of the bread machine for it's second rise (I use the machine for mixing and first rise, then take it out and put it in a bread pan to do the second rise so I get a nicer shaped loaf) So I did that.

Well, with bread rising I couldn't be banging around in the kitchen so I went out to smoke. Came back and thought, well I can dust the shelved and clean the glass on the doors to the cabinet.

I was in the process of that when my neighbor showed up. So we went out to smoke and chatted for a few. She left and I (forgot the bread was rising) went and washed some of the teapots and set them aside to dry. Remembered I'd been dusting the teapot shelves so I went back and finished that (all three of them) then went and dried the teapots that were taking too long, and put them back on a shelf. Went back and did another few teapots.

While they were drying I decided I wanted to take a picture of the mini teapots.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

So I did that. Then went and dried the ones I'd just washed and did another batch. Carried 'em all to the shelves, got them all set back up nice n purty and thought what the hell, take a picture of those too.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

(these are my favorites... in the center is a bone china Kitty set hubby got for me, the tea for one set on the left was gifted to me last year by my very first SP and the one on the right is a Wedgewood pot that hubby also got me. I love all of my teapots, but these are amonth the most special... along with the yellow one in the front in the other picture, another English kitty pot hubby got me)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Then I remembered the bread! Shit! Fortunately it hadn't exploded or fallen or anything so I turned the oven on and poured a cup of coffee. Went out to smoke, came back and put the bread in.

Looked around the house and realized... Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us oh yeah, you were doing floors dumbass. Tummy growled. Had to stop to eat. Made a pb&j and here I sit on my lunch break.

I still have to get those damned floors finished and put all the crap that I moved back.

Anyone wanna take bets as to how much I don't get finished? Actually I'm doing very well. I finished the teapot chore. I was very focused. For me anyway. If I can stay that focused on the floors I just might be able to claim this as a day I accomplished something lol.

OK, I'm going to get back to it before my back tells me where to stick it and just gives up on me. I really shouldn't have parked my ass.... back to work I go!



Buffalopes are what dustbunnies grow up to become in my house. It starts out as a dustbunny, turns into a jackalope, then breeds with buffalos to become a Buffalope.

2 comment(s):

  • I clean in typical gemini fashion, starting many things and never finishing one.
    I am thoguh, trying to get better, and I guess that is the main thing. OK well it isn't getting it done is but damn... I'm trying.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:20 AM  

  • I have *major* ADD cleaning syndrome. I'll start doing one thing that really needs done, get distracted and start cleaning something else and so on and in the end I'm out of time or energy and the thing I started doing still isn't done yet.

    During shedding season we get tumbleweeds. They're way to big to be called dust bunnies!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home