Done!
Finished the Mother's Day gift =) It's all packed up and ready to travel to Connecticut.
Now, if only *I* was all packed up rofl. Actually, I mostly am. A few odds and ends left, but the clothes are washed, space bagged and packed up, the yarn is space bagged and packed, my pillow is packed (I have a spare to use till we leave) I got all my CD's ripped to my hard drive so I can add and change what's on my MP3 player as I want, hooks, needles, various accessories... packed. Hair cut done. Reading material for the plane, purchased.
I still need to get the boy's laundry done and his clothes packed, get everything packed in our carry on bags, go shopping for snacks and stuff, do my nails and give my nasty feet a pedicure (well that's half done I did part of it before bed so all that's left is polish) and oh, a hundred other things lol. But, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
I need to pick some sort of project to crochet on the plane. I'd like to be able to work on my KAL wrap but they said no knitting needles, so that'll go in the suitcase till the train. I may or may not crochet, I hear it's pretty dark on these flights (no windows on most of them) so I may just read/nap. Damn, a nap sounds good right about now lol.
I stopped by the thrift shop on my way home from my hiar appointment. I needed a new fanny pack to carry our passports and paperwork in, I just don't trust myself not to loose a purse so I wear a dorky fanny pack. I found a couple of other bags that I thought I might be able to use as a second bag. Being female they allow us a carry on and a purse, so I figured I could maximize it a tad. I'll pack my purse and take a somewhat larger purse type bag since my carry on will be pretty much full with the laptop and other electronic stuff. Well, as I said I found two and couldn't decide which I'd rather have. One is a messenger bag, roomy, has pockets and can be worn acros my body. But. It's ugly as hell. It's some odd shade of mustardy tan (I don't even know what to call the color other than awful.) The other bag is a black shoulder bag, but it's freakin' huge. I could carry Tugger in it and maybe have room for the kitchen sink. Plenty of room for a book, some crochet, snacks, water, a sweatshirt...plus it has pockets for *stuff*, an ID card slot, place for
Ok, I'ma stop babbling and go get some more crap done.
I'll post again before I leave... but in case I forget then, I doubt I'll be online much if at all the first week of my trip. I'll be at my inlaws and though they have internet access I have never ever used it any of the times I've been there. Plus, I'll be freakin exausted lol. So I'll let ya'll know when I leave and I'll post once I hit ground if I can find some WiFi access and then I won't be back till I get to VA probably.






3 comment(s):
If I don't talk to you, have a safe trip!
By
Deneen, at
8:43 AM
By
Megan, at
1:24 PM
By
Anonymous, at
11:08 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home