Mexican Stir Fry

Beef stir fry meat or chicken breast cut up, or skip the meat, whatever you prefer
Bell pepper strips
Onion
Mushrooms if you like 'em
Frozen mixed veggies (the stuff that has corn, peas, carrots etc in it)
Rice (I use Japanese Nishki rice but any rice will do)
Mojo Marinade sauce (find in the aisle with the mexican food items)
First get your rice cooking.
Then, Heat up your wok (or a big skillet) then toss in the meat. Att his point I sprinkled a little garlic powder, some fresh ground pepper, a bit of cumin and umm maybe some onion powder on the meat while it cooked. You don't need to, I just like to add seasonings as the meat cooks. Once the meat is mostly browned, dump in some Mojo and let it simmer a little bit while you prep your veggies. Chop, dice, whatever.
Now, when your meat is done, remove it from the pan and set aside. You should still have some Mojo down there in the bottom. Toss in your peppers and onions and cook for a bit, then add the other veggies. Stir it all up so the sauce gets on everything. Maybe add a little more sauce if you want. I like more sauce cuz I want to spoon a bit on the rice later. When the veggies are nearly done, throw the meat back in and get it all good and hot.
By now your rice should be done. Scoop it out on plates, put the meat and veggie mixture over it with a little of the sauce from the pan and yell "Dinner, wash up!"
Hope you enjoy this latest concoction. I was just in the mood for something Mexican flavored, but I'd already decided on stir fry so this is what happened when I started adding things to the pan. Have fun, experiment with it. Lots of ways to modify this one =)





2 comment(s):
By
Deneen, at
7:16 AM
By
DixieRedHead, at
5:41 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home