Counting is for Wusses
I started a doily a few days ago. Got about halfway through it then got distracted (heh surprise!) so I picked it up again today and I was trucking away, I'd do a round then go do some housework, do a round or two, more housework. Over the course of the day I got up to round 23 (of 25) and I finally laid it out to admire my handiwork... Hmmm maybe I should have done that a bit earlier. My doily had turned into a bowl!It seems those numbers in parentheses at the end of each round are there for a reason. A Wise Person might take note of them and, oh I don't know, count every now and then.
I am not a Wise Person. I am a cocky bitch who says "Counting?!? Who needs to count! Counting is for wusses!" Then gets nearly to the end of her project only to discover she's made a pretty bowl instead of a pretty doily.
I had to frog back to almost where I started out today. I found my screw ups, and am in the process of repairing them. In between bouts of untangling knotted up crochet thread. That shit tangles up fast!
So, now I am going to go back and finish. I just needed to vent for a minute. I've gotta get this thing finished sometime tomorrow so I can get it washed and blocked before my trip. I won't get caught up tonight, but by tomorrow afternoon (barring anymore trips to the frogpond) I should have this baby blocking and then ya'll can see a picture.






4 comment(s):
By
Anonymous, at
12:52 PM
By
Deneen, at
12:59 PM
By
Anonymous, at
6:03 PM
I would have not frogged, just cut it off and started over again,lol.
LAY-ZEE, thats me!
By
CraftyCritter, at
3:14 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home