Made it to Virginia =)
We're here! Arrived last night at about 9. The train was a little late, but all in all it was a decent trip. Long, but otherwise went smoothly.We'll be here till june 6th, when we'll head for Ohio. It is SO nice to be home, you just can't imagine how great it felt as the bus brought us to Va Bch from Newport News and we started seeing street names near our old house and neighborhoods. B was bouncing in his seat talking about how he remembered this or that place or road. When we stepped off the bus (in the rain!) and smelled the ocean.... ahhh the smellof home =)
It rained on us the entire time in Connecticut lol. We got one day of sun, then the rains came. In one day, actually less than 24 hours, we got 5.5 inches of rain. It was so nice to see hubby's family though, I didn't care about the rain lol.
Mother's Day was nice, we all went out to lunch and had a great time. B gave me a sweet card and hubby had snuck a card into my bag before we'd left. After lunch we went back to the house and had coffee and desert, which was FIL's bday cake. He was actually born on Mother's day, and this year his bday happened to fall on Mother's day again. Kinda cool =)
Don't have many plans for our time here, gonna meet Elizabeth and Lani for sure though =) I'm really looking forward to that! The boy insists I have to take him down to the beach, he needs to get his toes in the sand and see the ocean lol. Other than that, it's all gonna be fly by the seat of our pants =)
I have a few projects to work on, still doing the Boucle wrap and making slow progress on it, verrrrrry slow lol. I plan to make my friend's daughters crocheted shrugs which I brought the yarn with me to use. The yarn for Auntie's blanket is here also. And I'm going to be making a shrug for Elizabeth to use when she does her Walk for the Cure in October. I bought some yarn in CT (just one ball, I was a good girl) that I plan to make myself some socks with.... eventually lol.
I'll try to get a few pics uploaded sometime soon. I played with my new camera while I was in CT, got some great pics of MIL's flowers, their squirrels (they've had generations of squirrels in their back yard) and a few other pics.
Right now, I need to go take a shower. It was so late last night that I just never got around to it and I feel yucky from travel. Not to mention the rain forest on my legs is getting quite scary rofl. We won't discuss when I last shaved those things...
So on that note, I'm going to close now ;) I'll try to pop into DoD later, I snuck in the other day but didn't get to read much before I had to get offline and go shopping lol. Oh, and I have 1400 posts to read on Bloglines! Yikes!! You people post too damned much rofl. It's gonna take me the whole summer to catch up from one stinking week! (I do have a lot lot lot of subscriptions on various different topics though)
K, going now.....






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home