Still here!
Hey ya'll! Sorry I've been so absent, have ya missed me? I'm sure missing ya'll! I still haven't gotten the wireless hooked up, so I'm having to use Brandi's computer still. That means getting in when the kids aren't on it, or I'm not spending time with her or running somewhere or another lol. As you can see it just doesn't happen much. I feel like my schedule is all out of whack not getting my morning internet time lol.I'm having a wonderful time though =) I have so missed being able to see Brandi, she and Kell are sisters to me, sisters of the heart. It's been tough with us all so far from each other.
Lots has happened, so much I couldn't fit it all into one entry if I tried lol. One of the best things though, was our trip to the Columbus zoo to see Kari and Stacey =) That was SUCH a great day! I really enjoyed getting to meet them and spend the day with them all. And let me tell you, Kari's son is such a doll! I really enjoyed watching him see all the animals =) David had me laughing my ass off the whole day with the funny things he kept saying and the girls were just as great as I'd known they would be =) I am so happy we had the chance to meet!
As I said, a lot has happened already lol but probably the most memorable thing was the skunk. Brandi lives kinda in the boonies, so occasionally you see a wild animal or two. Well one night, right after we'd arrived we were sitting out back at the fire pit drinking pina coladas when I heard something in the bushes on the other side of the fire. Brandi was gathering sticks so I told her to watch it, I wasn't sure what it was but I thought I'd seen white. Sure 'nuff it was a skunk. We stayed away from it, and soom the kids came back and it left (they're loud lol) Well, a few nights later, the boys were still out just as dark was setting in and they came in to tell us they'd just seen a mama skunk with about 5 babies and it looked like she was moving them somewhere. One of the babies got left behind. The boys attempted to HERD IT in the direction the mom had gone, but the daddy skunk showed up. The boys then showed a little bit if sense and came inside. Well. Later Brandi put the girls out (the girls are her Boxer Boanna and her itsy bitsy Lucy the chihuahua)they barked their heads off the whole time they were out, but we didn't think about the skunk. Well, I went to let them in the house, and I swear little Lucy was in the freaking door, but before I could blink the lil shit was out and off like a little bullet!
You guessed it, the baby was out there. Lucy went into fierce puppy mode (she's 8 btw) and attacked the baby. It did what comes natural. Now, she stinks lol. Reeks. It's better now, but we had to leave the poor little girl in the garage for several nights and she spent her days lazing about under the trees lol. She's just got a slight oder about her now. The stuff they got when Boanna got hit works pretty well it seems. Nothing gets rid of it completely though, not for a loooooooong time from what they tell me. Boanna stunk for weeks they said. We have to be careful and keep her out of the rain too, bc it seems when seh gets wet the full force (or very nearly) of the smell comes back. Guess what the forcast is calling for over the next week? Fkn rain. Brandi will be off work all week, but it's gonna rain just so we can be blessed with polekitty funk lol.
Well, this will be the second time I have tried to post this, here's hoping it goes through this time lol. I have to go see who'd trying to kill the girl again (B and A are always teasing A's little sis, who is 7) I really will try to be better about posting, but seriously I doubt I will be around much till I get the wireless working. I miss every one of you though! I feel so out of the loop, I haven't read blogs since I left Virginia. I've got ya'll in my mind though, I haven't forgotten ya ;) It'll take me forever to catch up though!!
{{Hugs}}






2 comment(s):
We had so much fun!
By
Unknown, at
5:56 AM
By
Pink, at
9:06 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home