Good news!
The boy and I will be staying in Ohio for the duration! Hubby and I have talked it over and the decision is that I'll stay here with the boy, put him in school and get a job. This will help us out in numerous ways, but the biggest is that it's a hell of a lot easier for me to get to Virginia from here than from Germany and that will make house hunting a whole lot easier when the time comes. Frankly, that won't be all that far off anyway.I'll be job hunting starting in the next week, which is rather scary considering I haven't worked at all since '99 and the last time I held a full time job was a year or so before that. I'm kinda scared that my back issues are going to really mess with me, no matter what type of job I find. I can't lift, carrying is mostly out, standing causes pain but not usually till later, so I can cashier. Waiting tables is out though, as is anything where I'd have to move boxes of stuff around to stock shelves. I have no training for a specialized job... but I'll find something. The plan is that what I earn will take care of the needs of the boy and myself, so hubby can save, save, save for this move.
I got a package from hubby recently, he sent me some more of my summer tops because it's been so damned hot that I can't stand the thought of wearing tshirts (which is mostly what I brought with) but also in the package were a few things that had arrived for me after I left.
One of the things was this:

sent to me by the lovely Melissa is that not a gorgeous color? It's a ww chenille in rose pink. I was expecting a ball or two, in trade for some yarn I sent her... but she surprised me with the whole cone! I can't wait to work with it =) I'm not sure yet just what it will become, but if my friend has any say in it, it'll probably become a very cute top of some sort ;)
The other surprise was this:

sent to me by a good friend (don't know if she wants it known so I'll keep it to myself for now) I am so in love with that blue wool! I haven't quite decided what to do with it just yet, but now that I am staying here in Ohio where it snows even more than Germany... the wool will be a good thing! Same goes for that sock yarn =) I'm loving sock knitting, and I so can't wait to get this yarn on some needles! Also pictured (though not clearly) are two bamboo hooks, which will be right at home with all my other hooks (I did bring the majority of my hooks with *g*) and are much appreciated! I am finding that I much prefer natural to metal for my hooks and needles. It just feels so much warmer...
Hubby also sent a few other odds and ends. My Dremel so I can finally do a decent job on my nails... I didn't realize how dependant I had become on that little tool! My nails have looked like total ca-ca for the past two months, but now I can finally make 'em pretty ;) My 'round the house tank tops, because it's so freakin' hot. The clothes I brought with were mostly what I (still) call my "going to town" clothes. Yeah, I'm still a hick at heart lol. I dress like a bum round the house, and save the better looking stuff for trips out to the store etc. Those clothes are usually less comfy, and I tend to be rather messy... I stain my cothes like a damned kid lol so it's best to have bummin' stuff for hannging out and housework.
Of course, now he's going to have to start sending us winter gear (though it's hard to think of winter stuff in this damned heat) and the boy's school clothes. I've lucked out on the school clothes front. Other than shoes I don't think I'll need to buy anything else. With all those bags of clothes we were given right before we left, and the things I have picked up over the last two months... he's set. So, shoes, school supplies and a back pack to hold all those Middle School books and such are really all he needs.
I need to figure out what to do for his bday... that's coming up on the 2nd of August. He has asked for an Air Soft gun... and I was thinking of getting him a new bike (if I can figure out how to get it down to VA when the time comes) and maybe jus throwing a small party in the back yard. He's made a couple of friends here, and he has a "girlfriend" so we'd invite them... have cake and icecream, maybe hotdogs... we just need to plan the date now I guess.
Oh, the man of the house is home with the fold away bed we bought this morning. The boys have been sleeping on the floor (taking turns) but now that we're staying we figured they could use a better arrangement, then we found this bed for $10. So he picked it up this AM. I should go help him unload it....
talk to ya'll soon!






5 comment(s):
Welcome home!
By
Deneen, at
8:45 AM
and hey, you'll be close until you head to VA so that means maybe another visit is in order!
By
Unknown, at
9:00 AM
and you can take a bike on the train .. they have a place where you can put it..
By
ThreeOliveMartini, at
10:23 AM
By
Anonymous, at
6:55 AM
Your yarn goodies are scrumptious!
How the heck do you use a Dremel on your nails? I think I'd end up slicing off my skin with the speed mine goes.
By
Jewels, at
9:18 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home