Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Thursday, June 29, 2006

update

Howdy folks =) How's it going? I am so behind on blog reading it's not even funny. I have no clue what's going on anywhere! I miss ya'll so much! I'm trying to get on some sort of routine, but things change around here so much that just when I think I have something figured out, it changes lol. Brandi's vacation is nearly over, but then the next day her hubby goes on his. Once they are both back on their regular schedules though, I think I might be able to find myself a morning rhythm of some sort. She leaves the house before 9 most mornings and he gets home from working 3rd shift just in time to tell her bye, then he goes to sleep. The kids mostly sleep in a bit, so I think I'll have some quite time then. I finally got my laptop online, it's not wireless, but at least I can get to all my favorite spots, have my pics and my html cheat sheet (hence why nothing has been linked in forever!) and all the other various things I've been trying to get along without lol.

I don't know how long I'll be here, that is still under discussion. There are a couple of options on the table right now, and I'm kinda just waiting to see what comes of some stuff before deciding.

Hubby might have found some orders he likes but he needs to talk to some people first and see about a few things before he makes up his mind. If the things he's concerned about are settled to his satisfaction, these might just be perfect orders. I think we'd both like the outcome, if it happens. I'm sure ya'll understand why I am speaking so generally about this subject... I just can't be very specific when it comes to military things for security reasons.

Anyway, if these orders come about, we're talking about the possibility of me and the boy just hanging here in Ohio till hubby's time is up in Germany. I'd go back later on to take care of some stuff and to help with the move, pick up some cats etc. but for now, I'd stay here. The school here is wonderful from what everyone says, basically, if you were moving into this area in general, you'd want to move to this town for the schools. So my thought is, though I would love to put B in a school and leave him there all year, it's pretty obvious that he'd end up transfering halfway through no matter what we end up doing. So if that's the case, why not put him in a great school this first half of the year. Give him a good solid start on the year, make sure that if he's deficient in any areas due to my lack of teaching skills, he can get caught up before moving to Virginia. I honestly don't have much faith that the DoDDs school could do that for him. My biggest fear is that the combo of DoDDs school and homeschooling would have put him way behind his peers once we get to VA. This would resolve that fear.

Having us here would help my friends out too, it'd help with the occasional scheduling conflicts if T has to work overtime and can't get home before she leaves, gives them childcare and availability that they don't usually have, plus the extra cash I'd give them would help out some too.

Of course, there's also just the fact of being on this side of the pond. I'd have an easier time getting to VA to househunt, take care of the car issues (if I stay I can get my license, go down and get the car in shape and bring it up here, even go to work) and I could leave B here with them when I have to go back to help with the moving stuff. He wouldn't miss any school at all really, if we timed the final move just right.

I'd really like to stay. There are good and valid reasons for both staying here and for going back. I'm just trying to decide which makes the most sense. I love my hubby and I miss him loads, and of course I miss the kitties bunches n bunches. I could get some stuff accomplished there yes. Is it anything that hubby can't deal with or that can't wait till we're moved? Mostly, no. The few things I can think of that I specifically have to handle, are all things that can't be done till nearly the last minute. I have to go back to get two of the cats, bc the military only pays for two pets. So we have to deal with the other two on our own. I can't bring them early because 1.) we need to have a house or something. 2) can't get health certificates for them to fly till no more than ten days before flight Hubby will want some help dealing with the movers and such, but again that's at the end. I'd have to pack up my magickal supplies because I don't want movers messing with that stuff (though hubby is capable and I'd have no issues with him doing that if need be) There isn't much sorting and purging to be done. Pretty much everything we've acquired since being over there is stuff I want to keep. The 220 volt appliances and such would get sold or whatever, but that's about it. Anything else I could purge once we're in the states. There'd maybe be a couple of people who'd miss me and possibly be unhappy if I don't go back soon... but they'd be in the same boat in a few months anyway *g*

So, at the moment, I kinda feel like there's more to be gained by me staying here than there would be lost. But, we'll see how it goes. I still have some time to decide.

If you've gotten this far in my rambling, you might be interested to know there is actually a little bit of fiber work going on. I have a crocheted shrug on the hook for Kell's daughter. It just needs either a ruffle or a border, depending on what she wants. I also have a pair of socks on needles for Brandi. Well, I have one sock on the needles ;) the other will follow soon lol. That's it so far though. I had to leave most of my yarn behind at Kell's because my suitcases were stuffed to the brim. If they'd have weighed those bags I'd have been in trouble I think lol. When I run out of things to work on, I'll have to see if she can send the rest of my yarn to me I guess.... I doubt there will be any yarn shopping in my near future.

I had a knitting epiphany yesterday lol. I learned how to stick the needle into a stitch that I need to pull out in such a way that I don't have to stress about dropping hte stitch. I guess it'd be called un-knitting heheh. Kell was doing it while I was down there, but I never made the effort to get up off my ass and go see just how she was doing it. But yesterday I got off count somehow and needed to frog a few sts... and it just sort of came together for me. Let me tell ya, that sure was a much less stressful experience! It's a bit slow, but I'd rather take the extra few seconds to unknit than to try to frog and screw it all up!

Well, now that I have my laptop online, pretty soon I'll be showing ya'll some pics. I've been saying that for weeks, I know. It'll happen now though lol. I just need to shrink them down before I upload them, and that takes time. I might be able to get to it Saturday when Brandi goes back to work. I don't want to waste any of our time together by being on the computer when she's home, which is why I haven't been posting much before now even though I have her machine to use. If I do have to go back to Germany, I don't want any of our time to have been lost to me being online. If I decide to stay here, that'll be different ;)

OH! Guess who's got himself his very first girlfriend?? That would be my 11 year old son. She lives directly behind us. Tall, leggy, very cute blonde girl with an exotic name heheheh at least he has good taste! This is the first time he's ever even said (to me) that he likes a girl. Now they're exchanging phone numbers and email addresses, aranging times to meet and hang out, he's going over to her house to swim in their pool... arg! Mommy is not ready for this yet dammit! Hasn't anyone heard me say this over and over again in recent months? *sigh* Fortunately, at this age, love only lasts till boredom sets in or some other cute girl (or boy in her case) comes along. I know there's nothing in the world to worry about, umm well other than the fact that my child is growing up and I'm not prepared rofl.

Well, the turtle is going nuts over here beside me. I guess he thinks he can swim through the glass to get my attention lol. I should go feed him and maybe do some dishes or switch some laundry or something useful. Aw hell, we're out of tea again. I swear we go through more damned iced tea than you can shake a stick at. It's cheaper than soda though, and it tastes better than plain water (the water here has a damned lot of chlorine in it, you can smell it. Not like they just treated it and it'll fade like in most places I've lived, this is constant.) So it looks like I'm making yet another batch of tea too lol. It doesn't take 6 people long to go through a gallon (and a half of tea!)

Talk to ya'll soon!

4 comment(s):

  • Wow-when you play catch up, you sure do post a lot (LOL).

    How long do ya think it'll be before hubby gets back to the States?

    You knew the girlfriend thing was around the corner-I dread the day Elena gets her first real boyfriend.


    By Blogger Deneen, at 10:35 AM  

  • Missed you at DoD.. was nice to be able to catch up on your goings ons on your blog..
    Sounds like everything is going to fall into place for you. Look forward to hearing more.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:44 PM  

  • The Summer is so hard to keep up on blog reading...I know what you are going through. Just don't forget us all in blog-land!

    By Blogger Lucy, at 2:42 PM  

  • HEY where the hell are you?
    LOL We miss you!


    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home