Mornin folks
Mornin folks!Hey, guess what? I have crochet and knitting projects to talk about *g* (finally!) Granted, I haven’t really finished much, and I have no pics at the moment because I have been too lazy to take any…. But still I have projects in the works and one finished ;)
I finished a pair of socks, which I made for my friend. I used Marble yarn for them, and knit them from the Super Simple Knitwit Sock pattern (I hope I remember to link to it, I am typing from Blogger for Word and am not online right this second to pull up the link) I didn’t quite use the entire ball of yarn, but couldn’t make another pair from what’s left… I might be able to do toddler socks though. I actually made almost four complete socks, because I ripped out twice and both times I was so close to being done I could taste it lol. I think this pair turned out better than the blue ones I made myself. Hopefully the next pair will turn out even better.
I need to have more patience when knitting socks, I get in a hurry and give up on the cuff before it’s quite high enough on the ankle. I think I want to try toe up next time though. I don’t know if that’ll be much different though, I’ll be bored by the end of the sock and wanting to hurry up and finish lol.
I’m still working on those two shrugs too. Both are made with RH Soft, one in green and one in purple. The green one is crocheted and is nearly finished, I just need to seam it and add the ruffle on it. I haven’t yet decided if I want to though, add the ruffle that is. I may just border it around the opening and call it done. The purple one is knit. I’m 29 inches into it, and need to work it 41 inches long. Making decent progress on it. Same thing though, not sure if it wants a ruffle or not. Guess we’ll see lol.
My newest project is a pair of baby booties. My friend (I so need to come up with something to call her, her name starts with a B so to avoid confusion I can’t refer to her that way, and I suck at nicknaming ppl) has a girl that she works with who is having a baby girl in October, well, now that I’m staying here it looks like I’ll be attending the girl’s baby shower so I thought I’d whip her up booties and a headband or something. Well, I looked all over the net and couldn’t find what I pictured in my head so I am designing them from scratch. They’ll be done in size 10 thread, with a pretty pink ribbon threaded through the tops. I haven’t settled on a stitch pattern just yet. I’m really wishing I had my books lol. It’s driving me nuts not to have them. I’ll come up with something though =)
My friend wants me to teach her to crochet or knit so she can make this girl a blanket for the baby. I told her if she wants to do that we should get started pretty soon because she’s going to need to do some practicing to get her stitches even. She hasn’t decided if she wants to learn knit or crochet first, but she says she wants to learn both =) Another fiber freak in the making ;)
Other than the knitting and crocheting, I’m just hanging out, watching the kids during the day while she works and her hubby sleeps (he works third shift) so we’ve decided that I’ll wait till school starts before I start working. It’ll be easier with the kids in school, this way he can get his sleep and we don’t have to worry about schedules much. By the time they get home from school, he’ll be waking up for the day. I’d love to get a 2-10pm or 3-11pm shift. Those are my prime hours, and if I could do that, it’d mean one of us would be home at all times. We’d just have to work out transportation for me, since I don’t yet have my license and car.
I’m leaning towards going to work where she works, it’s a nation wide chain so when I move to VA it’d be easy enough to get transferred. They are hiring, and I am assuming they’d be interested in holiday help. I know I’ll be here through the holidays, so that’d be perfect really. But, I have a few more weeks to think about it and see what else might be open.
And now, I guess I should hop off here and go finish the dishes. I think I need to make more tea too. A gallon of sweet tea every day… southern sweet tea at that lol. I’d rather the boy have water or Capri Sun (at least it’s natural) but we can’t afford those for three kids (not the way they go through snacks and stuff!) and the water here just doesn’t taste very nice. Very bleach-y bleh. So tea it is. I don’t do Koolaid (except as yarn dye heheh) because I don’t like him having all those dyes and all that sugar. Though tea is just as bad with caffeine and sugar. It’s a no win I guess, *sigh*
Hope ya’ll have a great week! I’ll be back one day soon with some pics =)






1 comment(s):
It sounds like you are trying to get everything worked out.
I admire your ability to live with other people. Tony and I have had to do it twice with relatives and it was pretty hard.
By
Anonymous, at
5:13 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home