Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Monday, August 21, 2006

Going Home

I haven’t been able to get online for a few days, but I typed this post up the day after my last one…. Nothing has changed since then lol.

Well, decision is made. We’re going home =) I talked to hubby and explained what’s going on here and he immediately said “Come home” so that’s what we’re doing. I’ve got a lot of crap to handle here first, packages he’s already put in the mail that I have to wait for, figuring out how to get the boy’s bike to Virginia (the train would only take it to D.C. there’s no room on the connection to VA) or what to do about it if I can’t get it there…. and other misc. things. So there is no official date of departure just yet. I can’t delay too long or he’ll miss too much school. I can keep him going just by reviewing the end of last year stuff so that when we get home and he gets to school he won’t be behind.

As soon as I have everything worked out up here, we’ll head to VA and try to fly out from there, the same deal as when we came to the states though, basically stand-by basis, so no telling how long it’ll take us. I will probably have to land in Italy or Spain and then get on to Germany from there, but once we’re in Europe I can fly space a to Germany or if there are no available flights we can take a train or something. I already looked at commercial airline tickets and the prices are scary high so that is totally out of the question. Train tickets though, even paying in Euro, are very reasonable. So if I can just get us to Europe, we’ll get home =)

I felt so much better once the decision was made and my friend told. I miss my man, and I can’t wait to be in his arms again! I miss my fur-kids too, and from what he tells me they have really *really* missed mommy too. It’ll be so good to snuggle my kitties again, and fondle my yarn! I’ve missed my stash too lol. I’ll get back on my own routine. That’ll be nice =)

I told the boy about it, he’s happy we’re going home… in that he’s happy he’ll have all his stuff back, his room and privacy and his status as an only child returned to him. He thinks it’s a waste of time to go back there for the few short months till we really move to Virginia, but he gets that we haven’t got another option. He also dreads the travel required to get home, the waiting and uncertainty of the flight, the long, long train ride south, the hauling of the suitcases etc. (frankly I dread it too, but as I told him… a few days of stress or feeling stressed from now till January or so… I’ll take a few days vs. a few months)

I am going to mail some things ahead, and I’ll leave some things in storage with our car in VA so we won’t have all that much to carry around with us. We won’t have any need of shorts and such once we leave the states, (I’ve kept my eyes on the weather over there lately and it’s been cooler than here for a while now) and he still has summer stuff there if it is needed, so that stuff can stay there. I’ll mail home whatever I can to save space and weight in our bags, with luck I might get us down to one suitcase and our carry-on bags.

So, we’re looking at a week or so, probably two before I leave Ohio and head south. From there it will just depend on the schedules, if we’re really lucky we might get out right away. If not though, I’ll have my friend K to stay with while we keep trying for a flight.

5 comment(s):

  • I swear I can feel the relief you have to be going home in your post.

    Good luck Marvie and keep us posted.


    By Blogger Deneen, at 9:32 AM  

  • a hard decision to have to make but sounds like you have got it all planned out. I am sure you will all be fine once you get back and get things together. I can send you some of my relocation links from when we had to find housing online before a big move.
    I am already lighting my "good travel vibes to Marvie" candle!


    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:38 AM  

  • I have to agree with Deneen. I definetly read some relief there in that post of yours. I'm glad to know that you will be with your guy again soon. I'm sure the kiddo will be happy once all the running around is done. Best wishes to you guys!

    By Blogger Kellycat, at 1:13 PM  

  • Sounds like a good idea to me! I think your husband is missing you terribly, too. Maybe it would be easier to sell the bike with promises to buy him another one when you all get settled again?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:49 PM  

  • Home is where the heart is...have a safe trip!

    By Blogger Pink, at 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home