Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Friday, August 12, 2005

Opinions needed

Hey ya'll, I need some help. I designed a purse and I'm considering submitting it to the 2007 Pattern a Day Calendar. First, I need a couple people to test the pattern for me, make sure I got it right lol. Then if it works out, the thing's gonna need a name. That's where I really need help. I suck at naming things LOL. So here's a crappy picture, it doesn't show the black very well but the top is way cool. (I even learned how to do reverse sc finally, at least I think that's what I did *g* Really cool rope look around the top? Is that right?)

The DVD is for size reference. The handles haven't been sewn on yet, it needs to be lined and I'm thinking that'll be easier w/o the handles on. Gawd I detest sewing! But I want to try to sell this bag at the craft fair in October.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This bag started out life as the sole of a slipper. I was trying to figure out how to make the slipper I had in my head, so I was messing around with black yarn till I figured it out (ended up using a combo of a couple of patterns) and as I was frogging the last effort I looked at what was in my hands and thought "hmmm yanno, this would make a great purse bottom" so I stopped frogging and set it aside till today.

I have the pattern scribbled out in a spiral and I'm about to type it up, so if any of you wants to give this thing a test run for me I would be super grateful! Just drop me a comment or an email (gmail account please) I've never tried to write up a pattern for publication before so I am nervous as hell. If you do test this and see any screw ups, let me know!

Hmmm.. I'm thinking now. Since the bottom is part of someone else's pattern, does it still count as my own? I fudged a couple numbers on it, but otherwise the first 6 rounds (I think, might be 5) are from the slipper pattern. All the rest of it is totally my own... What do ya'll think?

5 comment(s):

  • I think if you change from making a slipper into making a purse, it's totally your pattern.

    By Blogger noricum, at 7:21 PM  

  • Of course I will test it for you!

    By Blogger Deneen, at 9:48 PM  

  • I love it.. it is too cute, from what you have said, I am sure it is an original, I really believe it would sell well!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:11 AM  

  • My Harmony stitch guides also call reverse sc corded sc, so if it looks ropey I'm betting it's right! I don't think I've ever gotten it quite right, though--when I do it it just looks like funny-looking sc :)

    I would love to test it as soon as I get some cool enough weather for me to be able to stand handling yarn for long! It's supposed to cool off some next week--I have my fingers crossed...


    By Blogger Daisy, at 5:20 PM  

  • Yes definitely submit - your purse is adorable!!! Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home