I spun tonight =)
I haven't done much spinning lately, but tonight the urge hit me. We were sitting outside after grilling out and my neighbor had his husky out. He was picking and brushing clumps of hair off her and within seconds there was a mighty big pile of fluff there. I jumped up and ran to get my spindle and here is the end result (just a few brushes full)
This is the pooch the fluff came from :

I'm thinking I'll keep collecting her fur, do some studying and find out how to do it properly (tonight I just grabbed the pile and went at it) and when I have spun enough I think I'll make something up for the neighbors. This pooch is their child, and she's as spoiled as any only child could be lol. (Who could resist those eyes?!?! I sure can't!!) I doubt I'll get enough (or have enough patience) to spin enough for a scarf or anything like that, but I can probably get enough for a small bag or something. It only took a few spindles worth to make up B's slippers, so I am sure I can come up with something for them. The wife is even colder natured than me (I didn't think that was possible) so she might appreciate a nice warm pair of slippers from Sissy fur *g*






2 comment(s):
and a great site for crochet patterns is www.crochetpatterncentral.com they have literally hundreds of patterns and all of them have pictures to help you..
By
Unknown, at
11:32 PM
By
Jewels, at
9:44 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home