Mornin'
Ummmf... it's morning already. I did't stay up late last night, but my back was hurting and I took a muscle relaxer so now I am dragging. This will be a lotsofcoffee day lol.Well, I am working on my very first vever filet design. I don't know how it will work out, but I got the chart worked up last night... and oh my gawd that was rough. Maybe if I hadn't flunked algebra it would have been easier. I struggled for a couple of hours trying to figure out how to make it work, hubby saw me struggling, but he sucks at math too so he was no help whatsoever.... well I lie, he broght me a calculator rofl. Like I told him, it wasn't the math part that was stumping me, I can do basic math in my haed or on paper... it was figuring out the formula (which numbers to put where and do what with) that was eluding me.
Finally I found two charts that had elements of what I wanted to do, combined those elements, and then just used a pencil with a very good eraser to work out the kinks. It took a while, but I think I've got it.
I managed to get three rows completed last night, well seven technically, but I discovered in the fourth row of the first attempt that my dumb ass had put one too many mesh into the first row and it was throwing everything off so I had to frog all the way back to the begining of the first row and pretty much start all over. So I got through row three before I took the muscle relaxer and decided I should stop while I was ahead. I can only imagine what I'd have done had I continued after that point rofl.
I hear some of you asking "So what IS it?" Well, you'll see when I get it finished. I want it to be a surprise *g* If it works out like I see it in my head, I will post the chart on my pattern page... assuming I can scan it or something. I might have to get help with getting the chart on the computer...
So other than this exciting little project my week has been quiet. I had parenting class Monday, and huby attended also. Then that evening I babysat my neighbor's kids.. this has let me know that I am probably out of the fll time childcare busines for good. One, because my back can't take it anymore. Two, because I just haven't the patience for it anymore... maybe infants if my back gets better, but no older kids lol.
I finished up a poncho (pics later, have to get kiddo to play photographer for me) and two scrunchies yesterday. Today will be devoted to my filet design. After this I have another poncho I want to make, I'd started it, but a line in the pattern threw me, so I started a different one while I waited for help in response to my post. That came, and I think I can finish it now, so I'm going to work on it as soon as I finish up what I have on the hook.
Well, now that I'm a little bit awake, I guess I'll get started on things. Hope ya'll have had a good week!






1 comment(s):
I almost kinda regret that we let her graduate a year early (she had been able to complete more courses into three years than she would've gotten in four at the local high school) because of the fourth year of math. Not that she needed it LOL she tested high on the placement tests at college and doing just fine on the heavy math courses she's taking (plant biology is the major du jour)--but for purely selfish reasons. Once I got over my fear of math I got really interested in it, and I wish I could've done the trig calculus stuff that would've been up next. But it feels frivolous buying the textbooks for myself :-D
By
Daisy, at
2:21 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home