Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Went to the doctor

Well I spent my free day running around. I called the clinic at noon to make an appointment (finally) to get my back checked out and they had one for 2PM so I hustled and caught the next bus.

The doc asked a bunch of questions, ruled out bladder/kidney (which of course I already knew lol) and had me make an appointment for phys. therapy next week. Doc said it could be partly arthritis resulting from an old injury nearly 12 years ago that has just worsened over time, it could be cronic back pain... not really sure at this point. She felt how tight the mscles along the right side of my back are though, so that's probably why she's sending me to phys. therapy as a starting point.

I also bought some new shoes, which might help too. Better support, cushion etc. and they fit my wide ass feet lol. I have a very hard time finding shoes that are wide enough, which is why I spent 72 freakin' dollars on shoes. I tried on every pair of women's shoes they had, and even a pair of boy's shoes (not only are my feet fat, but also short... kinda like the rest of me rofl) and there were only two pair wide enough. One was the boy's Vans, but they just didn't have enough support and cushion for all the walking I do over here (they'd have been perfect back home where I drive everywhere.) The other ones were of course the expensive ones (though thank goodness not the $99 ones!) but considering I haven't bought real shoes (that would be anything other than cute sandals) in five years.... I guess I can deal with it. They are comfy though, so comfy I wore them right out of the store rofl.

Doc also prescribed motrin and muscle relaxers, so I may sleep a lot but I won't hurt lmao.

Other than that, I haven't done much today. At least I had a quiet couple of hours this morning though. I'm thinkin' dinner tonight is going to be fend for yourself though, since I obviously didn't get a chance to thaw anything and after being on my feet all day I'm aching.... plus being in the sunshine has made me sleepy lol. I'm just going to be a lazy ass and let the guys deal with their own food, soak my back in a nice hot bath and watch a movie or two till I fall asleep.

1 comment(s):

  • I wear Dansko's. They are expensive, but worth it.

    I also have been dealing with back problems for a long time. Have you gotten an MRI?

    Also, they make an anti-inflammatory stronger than motrin, so if that doesn't work for you then go back and see your doc.

    I hope you find out what is wrong with you soon.


    By Blogger none, at 2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home