Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Sunday, July 03, 2005

I finally have crochet to show!

It's not much, just a few small projects. I was lazy and only have one pic with everything in it so there's no closeups (besides, my camera hates closeups anyway lol)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So what you see here starting with the head, a beaded thread kerchief (the largest thread project I have ever done!) on her neck is a purple choker crocheted out of silk ribbon (yanno the stuff on the cardboard spools) the UFO is an afghan stitch dishcloth that I am currently working on, below that is one I finished last night, then to the left of those is a belt purse I whipped up a few days ago. The purse itself is just made like my neck bags, and I added a couple of belt loops, made the belt in afghan stitch, added a belt buckle I cut off an old belt that was bearly broken anyway, and voila... a cute (if funky( belt purse.

I am totally loving the afghan stitch! I love that I get nice even edges without stressing over that last stitch like in normal crochet most of all! It works up pretty quickly too. Great texture too. I've decided that I am going to pull out my leftover basket (the one where I stuff all the bits and pieces of yarn left from projects) and whip up a bunch of squares in afghan stitch with the bits that are long enough. The smaler bits I'll do scrumbles with. I doubt they'll all end up in the same piece, but at least I can empty out that basket... it's so full the top wont close now lol.

The silk ribbon choker was an experiment. I was bored and looking for something to crochet that wouldn't cause me to sweat *G* and I was digging through the drawer where I put all the cool crafting supplies that my spring SP Heather sent me. I saw these spools of ribbon and grabbed one. The end result was my purple picot choker. It's really cool =) I made another one in blue for my neighbor's daughter and then my son begged for a bracelet made from the green. Just for informational purposes, a ten yard spool is perfect for a choker... you have just enough left over to drag around for the cats to play with *G*

The kerchief was another one of those "I really want to crochet but it's to damn hot for yarn" projects. Plus I was having a very bad hair day ;) so I strung a whole crapload of red white and blue beads onto red thread (and nope, ya can't see the red beads so that was a big fat waste of time rofl) and just went to it. I had no pattern, just used a basic triangle technique and did 3 dc in chain spaces to give it a light airy look and feel. Then I edged it in trc down the sides. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

So that's what I've been up too over the past little while. Today we're going to the rodeo. Yesterday we all three went downtown, walked around a lot, I bought some more thread, we had lunch, picked up some yummy fresh baked bread on the way home. Been pretty relaxed. The weather cooled off a lot, had a few days of rain and chilly weather. Sun's out today though, perfect rodeo weather =)

Hope ya'll are having a great 4th weekend =)

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home