Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Answer for Andrea

Tiger had a Urinary tract infection, which resulted in crystals which blocked him up, he had to spend a week in the hospital and got several catheters during that time, as well as meds etc. and he is now on a wet food only diet, which they say should help prevent this from recurring.... some cats end up needing surgery to repair it though if it is a continuous problem. I could just be paranoid, due to the fact that we've spent so much $ on him already, but they say stress and inactivity can bring it on.... and he just got off a very stressful plane ride where he was inactive for nearly a day so I am watching him closely. The vet said that shouldn't harm him, so it could just be me. I'm not used to how he behaves since all his trauma... he could just be looking for the "goodboy" praise he gets from hubby and I whenever he uses the box lol. He was having some avoidance issues with the litter box for a while there, associating the box with the pain he was in for so long and all... so we hoped that praising him for using it might encourage him NOT to pee on my floors/laundry etc. lol.

1 comment(s):

  • Ah. It could be the stress and inactivity is causing some residual crystals to work their way out. I hope it's over now, and doesn' cost any more $ or pain. ;)

    By Blogger noricum, at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home