Report card report
I am one proud mama! B wallked in yesterday with this big grin on his face and the first thing he said to me was "Please don't squeeze the air out of me. You'lll see what I mean in a second." Then he pulled his report card out of his backpack and handed it to me. These are his grades:Health from a C+ to an A-
Lang. Arts a B (was a B last time too, but he improved on participation, writing legibly and oral communication)
Math from an F to a C- (Yay B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) He still needs a bit of work in two areas but the others were all pluses)
Science from a D to an A-
Social studies from a C+ to a B-
Is that not awesome?? I am so tickled =) He is super proud of himself too =) I did give him a hug, but I was careful not to squeeze all his air out ;) I was quite proud of hubby too because when he saw the report card he made a big deal out of the grades and told B he was no longer grounded and told B how proud he was of him. He did remind B that if he slacks again he can loose his privilages just as quick as before, but he said it nicely and left it at that.
As a reward, we're letting B go to Pizza Hut (it's right on base) and buy his own dinner. This is a pretty big deal bc last summer B stole some cash from me and snuck down there to eat after being told he couldn't go, so since then he's not been allowed to set foot in the place, and with other things he's pulled he's not been allowed to go that far without one of us with him. So for hubby to tell him he could do that is a pretty huge deal.
I think I mentioned that hubby and B made a deal that if B has A's and B's at the end of the school year he gets his PS2 back (which some of you remember he got for christmas and then lost two weeks later due to grades) but that he has to buy his own TV. Well he is well on his way to earning the PS2 already and he feels confident he can even have his math grade up to a B- by then (and since it was a 28 in January we did tell him we'd take a C in Math but everything else had to be A's and B's.)
He's also well on his way to being able to buy himself a TV. One of the neighbor's is paying himm to walk one of her dogs each day. It's an older, small dog, and he's cooped up indoors most of the day (he goes out to potty with the other dog, but those are do-your-business-and-go-back-inside kinda trips) so B takes him out for 30 mins once or twice a day so he can get some movement going on and is therfor calmer in the house. She's also paid him to take her trash out, find sticks for her other dog (she loves to chew sticks) and other small jobs. B has so far earned $25 for these things. We can buy a good, used TV for about $50 at the thrift shop, so he's halfway there already. I'm very proud of him, he's not only acting responsibly by finding work to do to earn his money, but he's proving that I really have managed to teach him something ;) He's been on time each day to pick up Sam (the lil dog) and he sets the timer on his watch to be sure he's out the full half hour with him. He stops whatever he's doing at the time to go get Sam, and hasn't let any of his friends come along or annoy the dog. The lady tells me he's been very polite, remembering to thank her when she gives him money and using his Ma'ams and behaves perfectly when he has Sam out (she can see from her apartment window when they're out) and doesn't overdo it... the dog is 15 years old, so B was told not to run him or overexert him.
So all in all, this was just a post for me to brag about my kiddo ;) Which felt so dang good I have to say lol. I've written so many grump posts about the poor thing, but I realize now, that I almost never report the good stuff. That's not like me, really. I have a great kid, and I usually like to brag about him. I don't know what's been wrong with me lately lol.
Well, hope ya'll are having a good week so far, I am *g* so I think maybe I'll get off here and do something productive today. I found some dust jackalopes when I went digging for Tux's lost milk ring a while ago, so I guess it's time to do some rabbit hunting ;) I'll be armed with my Swiffer and my broom vac, wish me luck!






5 comment(s):
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By
Unknown, at
7:35 AM
Ammie
By
Anonymous, at
7:37 AM
By
Unknown, at
12:11 PM
By
noricum, at
1:40 PM
By
Jewels, at
9:05 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home