Back to normal
Ahhhh the weekend is over and my life resumes it's usual pace. For a while ;)The kiddo will be on spring break from the afternoon of April 8th (the Friday) till they go back on Monday the 18th. I've got my tickets purchased for my trip back to the states, which will be from April 26th through May 12th. I have a feeling that one will take some time to recouperate from lol. Though I'm already starting to think I'll be gone too long lol. A week was just about long enough in Holland, by the last day I was ready to be home. This will be different though, in that I'll be in the states, staying with the same friend I met up with in Holland and visiting with the other Ya-Ya's (which is our little group of gals) and getting my fill of Wal-Mart, Craft stores, and resturaunts lol. Hopefully I won't get to "home"sick while I'm there.I plan to get the pics finished up today and will hopefully get them uploaded and posted by tonight.... it's been kinda hard for me to stay focused on it, resizing, naming, uploading... it's a long process for a short attention span! I've averaged about three pics before I get bored or distracted lol.
I hope ya'll had a great Easter! We don't really celebrate, one, bc I'm Pagan so I celebrate Ostara... but also I have a hard time getting into it bc Easter Sunday 21 years ago was the day my mom was killed by a drunk driver. Hubby doesn't get into holidays much at all, sends a card or makes a phone call to his folks and gives me and the kiddo cards/gifts and that's pretty much the extent of it lol. We do always give the kiddo a easter bunny gift though, it's usually toys with a token amount of candy thrown in. This year he got a new football, a new bike helmet, and a multiplication gadget from Leap Pad. In years past, his easter bunny gifts ended up being more liike a second christmas... but his stuff was cheaper then lmao so he got more. I didn't realize how expensive a freakin football is... and the bike helmet... those things each cost more than the darned computery gadget we bought him lol. I don't get how a hunk of hard foam covered in plastic can be more expensive than a small electronic device... it just makes no sense to me whatsoever lol. But the kiddo has the helmet he's been "dying" for and the football he just "had" to have lol.
Spring is finally here. The daffodils and crocus are blooming, the grass is green from all the showers we've been getting, the daisies are popping up all over the place. We've had our windows open for a while now too. It was nice to freshen the house and get all that old winter air out. I've gotta figure out how to keep that darned Goofball off my window screens though. The little ass climbs them and hangs, kinda like one of those Garfield's you see stuck to ppl's back windows. I have dozens of teensy holes from his claws in every single window screen in the house. Just big enough to let gnats in when they show up (and they will soon) and to drive me nutty with that sound of claws snagging on screen. With the other cats I could just spray them with water from a squirt bottle... but that shit don't work on him, he LIKES it. So I gotta figure out something bc I am not putting up with this for the next 6 months or so. We have no a/c so the windows HAVE to be open, no choice in the matter.
Oh... and for those of you who have been waiting to see a pic of me wearing the cape I made... well... don't hold your breath. I screwed up. Left the damned thing in a hotel in Holland. That last night we'd gone out and I had a panic attack (firstone in over a year) and so K and M got me back to the hotel, K stuck me in a warm bath and then I grabbed the cape to snuggle with in bed bc it's soft and smelled like home.... well it seems I forgot to check the covers on the bed before we packed up and left... frankly I didn't even remember having taken the thing out of my bag till I realized it was missing and thought back. I was pretty out of it that night. K said she'd had a smililar occurance her first time in Amsterdam... she thinks it's something to do with equalibrium... did you know that you can actually feel the city floating? You can. I noticed it most when we were on the ground floor inside a building. It's very slight, but it's there... a slight rocking motion. So that, combined with the huge crowds (which I've always avoided bc of my anxiety) and the stress of the day is probably what brought the attack on. Needless to say, next time I plan to go there I'll be taking my meds before I leave home and throughout my trip rofl.
So, I'll have to make myself another cape eventually... and when I do I'll share a pic of it on.... but that won't be till the Fall probably. The arrival of spring means I will be switching over to lighter weight and smaller projects. I'm thinking purses, bags, kitchen items, maybe some lacy ponchos, little things. Then come summer (which is only about a month to six weeks long here in southern Germany lol) I'll attempt some thread work, maybe even something bigger than a book thong or flower ;) Might even catch up on my reading lol. Last summer it was so warm in the house that I spent most of my day sitting outside in the shade reading. If it was to hot for that, I soaked in a cool bath then napped till dark lol. Thank the Gods it was a short summer! I hope this year will be the same, but I've heard rumors that it's expected to be a hot one, so we'll see.
Well I'm going to get off here and get some stuff accomplished today. Hope ya'll have a wonderful week and can enjoy the nicer weather!






1 comment(s):
By
noricum, at
10:31 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home