Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

8 more days

Man, how do all those homeschool mom's do it? It's not that it's hard, because it's not... I mean we're just doing his usual school work and then whatever worksheets and busy work I find for him... but my days have been super full with dealing with having him home. I haven't been able to blog, or email or even really keep up with reading blogs or Crochetville. Every time I try, there he comes with another paper for me to look at or a question I have to answer (which usually means I have to look it up first rofl) so I pretty much gave up even being on the computer at all after a few days. Oh, wait it's only BEEN a few days.

I was trying to catch up in the evenings, but that's kinda out now. Hubby fried his computer. He was installing some new memory and he did something to fry his motherboard. So now we're sharing a computer again till his new one arrives. I'm really hating that too. He moved my computer over to his desk so now I have to deal with his keyboard, mouse and set up. I don't like it. It's not comfortable. My stuff isn't here. His mouse doesn't have the same options as mine, so my lazy ass has to actually use the back button on the browser now, his kb is funky (ok mine is funky, his is plain and uncomfortable)his chair is uncomforatble too. His desk faces the wrong way. I just don't like this one little bit. Yes, I'm a whiney little child lol.

I'm not getting my "me" time as it is with the kid here all the time now, and now this... yuk. So I only have a very limited time during the day to be on the computer, because, good wife that I am, I let hubby have it from the time he gets home from work.

On a good note though... On Saturday I am going to Karlsruhe to meet up with Anna and a couple of other ladies from C'ville. That will be a nice break from my insanity. I bought my ticket last weekend, and since I was downtown anyway I went yarn shopping =) I got some new stuff for my stash (which I haven't had time to get pics of yet) and picked up some yarn for the Spring yarn swap and I bought some rovings, some for a secret thing and some natural that I plan to dye =) Someday, when I have time that is.

Oh, something good came out of hubby's computer foul-up too *g* the night he did whatever he did, I was sitting on the couch getting ready to start another project when I realized my dumb ass had bought Sport weight yarn for a project that called for LB Homespun.... *duhhhhhhhhhhh* I think I bought it bc I liked the color (a pretty denim blue) but well, it so totally wouldn't work for the cape I wanted to make. So while hubby was cussing over his screw up I was cussing over mine lol. Well he ordered himself a new motherboard that night, and I took the opportinity to get him to say I could go buy enough Homespun for the cape and cloche ;) I got it yesterday btw and got busy as soon as I got home lol. I'm about 2/3 through the cape so far. Pics when it's finished, promise! OH! I swear, the pattern calls for a H hook but when I swatched... and swatched... and swatched... I ended up having to go all the way up to a freakin' *N* to get the correct guage! What's up with *that*??

I also started the Spiral Poncho (pattern my awesome Secret Pal sent me even before the round officially started) I had gotten a decent start on it, but I realized yesterday that it's a bit small... oh, it fits over my head, but it doesn't lay on my shoulders quite right... soooo a froggin I will go and move up a hook size I guess... unless it's like the cape pattern and I have to go up SIX sizes.... gawd I hope not rofl.

I do have a couple of pics to share...

I started out with this on Wednesday last week...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This is it now:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Don't the kitties look good on it? In spite of the bad picture quality lol. Here's a better one for color :
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

That's my queen sized bed, and the blanket is sort of hanging over the side (because the cat parked herself on it so I couldn't arrange it like I wanted lol) but it reaches from the pillows to the foot of the bed so far. I still have two balls to add to it, then a border. This will be going to a friend's hubby as a bday gift. He's very tall. I hope it will be long enough. I'm out of brown yarn ;) woohooo stash buster *g*

This is what the kiddo and I are working on, mostly the kiddo, but I'm kinda fascinated by it so I'm hanging out watching *g*. This is what's left of an Owl Pellet (that would be an owl's hairball for those of you who might assume it's owl poo as I did at first, I got a lecture from the kiddo about an owl's digestive system when I said ewwwwwwwwwww owl shit ;) he said no mom it's owl BARF and proceeded to explain) The owl eats it's victim (in this case we think there's a shrew and a mouse or two) the thing goes into stomach number one, where the meat is seperated and sent on to stomach number two for digestion, while the bones and fur and such are sent back up like a hairball. This is what he's disecting for Science class lol.



That last one is a jaw part, we think from a mouse...could be a rat for all I know, but B says mouse.... and it's his thing *g*

So that's been my week... mostly. I left out the most boring parts ;)

Oh! I also bought my tickets for Amsterdam when I went downtown Saturday =) Only 15 days till I'm on my merry little way! Woohoooooooooooooo! I'll have one week exactly after the kid goes back to school to pack and such, then I am so outta here! I can't wait! I thought I needed a break before... I need it so much more now lmao. Thank goodness I get a mini break this weekend, that will help put my head back on straight I think (hope!)

Thanks everyone for your comments, and for your concern while I have been MIA. It really means a lot to me. I'll try to do better about updates.... but right now I need to check on the kiddo.... I've typed this entire post without inturruption, I'm afraid he might have falled asleep studying for his Soc. Studies test rofl. He did that the other day while doing math work hehe. I woke his butt up and said "Oh no little man, this is workin' time not naptime!" He was not impressed lol.

I know I've probably missed some stuff, but I can't think clearly yet, only on my second cup of coffee as it is and my brain is feeling as fried as hubby's motherboard right now anyway lol.

Hope ya'll are having a better week than me rofl. Take care!

8 comment(s):

  • *hugs* Just keep telling yourself it'll pass! And be thankful he will go back and you will get your time back! Plus you get vacation!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:30 AM  

  • only on planet "boy" could owl barf be any better than owl shit LOL..

    i look forward to seeing the cape .. !!

    and my two cents.. i would have never tried using an H (or I or what ever they called for ) hook on homespun anyway LOL I never use less than a K .. and most of the time never less than an N ..


    By Blogger ThreeOliveMartini, at 9:49 AM  

  • Hang in there! ;)

    Wow... you sure rocketed along on that stashbuster blanket! It looks good. :)

    I'm afraid I think owl pellets are neat too. ;)


    By Blogger noricum, at 9:53 AM  

  • WOW, what a great idea for a stashbuster, get all the colors together of one kind and just do it!!! What stitch did you use??? It's awesome looking!!!

    ummm, barf, poo, it's all gross. heheheh


    By Blogger Trish, at 12:23 PM  

  • hey! my son brought home that very same project last year!! labeling rodent parts from owl barf!!
    hang in there, girl. just think of all the time you're getting to spend with the boy. hug him lots and lots.
    great job on the blanket!! really nice gift :)
    how fun to get together with some C'ville ladies! have a great time


    By Blogger Rebecca, at 12:25 PM  

  • Those 8 days will go before you know it!

    I think I am making the same cape - the pic is on my blog - out of the homespun my SP sent me - I am knitting it though 'cause I like the drape of the knit one.

    Oh, and where the he#% do you get owl barf??!!??!


    By Blogger Colette, at 12:28 PM  

  • I finished my poncho and it worked out nice. It was done with a J hook wool-ease and seems to fit a small person largly and a medium person well. If that makes sense. I had to add some rnds cause 19 was just too short. I will email you with clarification that may help with the poncho.

    Love the afghan, very nice!


    By Blogger Heather, at 5:56 PM  

  • hey marvie- its me, crochelsea from c'ville- thats pretty cool you went to karlsruhe- i've got family there!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home