Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Monday, February 21, 2005

More pics and some babbling

Well all this lazing around with my sore back has been good for me lol. I've crossed off all but two things on my Crochet To-do List. I made my son a pair of slippers from the yarn we dyed a while back and finished up my hooded scarf last night.



That blanket under his feet is the one I found at the thrift shop last week btw =)



So now that those things are finished, I'm ready to start something new. Problem is I can't decide what lol. I have a yo-yo ghan in progress, but I'm wanting to do something else to break up the boring yo-yo making (really it's just one round, you make a ch3 and join, then ch 3 and do 11 dc in the chain, finish off and start the next one) it'll be a while before I'm ready to start joining them. I need a few hundred yo-yo's to make a child sized lapghan, I've got a few dozen so far lol.

So I'm debating on another hat, or maybe a poncho, or maybe a bag/backpack... something for my trip to Holland. Then there's picking a yarn for a project. I have several yarns I would like to play with... one is the Wine country I got for Christmas, the other is the Wood Violets I used for Kari's hat, and the other is this really chunky purple yarn my MIL sent me. Those are just the ones off the top of my head. Not even going into the plain ol' acrylics I have stashed all over.

I'm thinking before I go off and make a hat or poncho for Holland I need to sorta decide what clothes I'll be taking with me, bc I'll need said items to match of course ;) Which means a trip into the closets from hell. That's like a day long thing right there lol. Plus, I have no idea what the weather will be like then... I mean it's still snowing here for goodness sakes. We've had one day where it stopped, but the stuff came right back. Grrrrr. So before I can realistically pick outfits for the trip I should know what weather to expect. Ugh, I guess tomorrow will be closet day. Gotta see what's shrunk since it's been hanging in there too ;)

Maybe I'll make some socks. I have some sock yarn. I also have the pretty green/black dk weight yearn my winter SP sent me, which would make some nice socks, but do I really want to use that on socks?

I could make some dishcloths out of the cotton I have. At least it's something to do till I figure out just what the hell to do next *g*

Guess I should think about feeding my family some dinner too at some point... though I just filled myself up on chips and chili cheese dip (made with the chili I fixed for dinner a few nights ago and a little bit of leftover cheese dip... yummy) but that reminds me that there are several containers of leftovers in the fridge so maybe we should have a cleanout the fridge night ;)

I learned something today. Never use the microwave while hubby is on the treadmill... with most of our electronics plugged into power transformers (to make it possible to plug our 110V stuff into 220V outlets) it is not wise to turn on a high wattage microwave while hubby is on said treadmill and using his high powered speakers and MusicMatch Jukebox. This causes a hubby who's in his "groove" to be stopped in his tracks... litterally! He had to fiddle with fuses and transformers and surge protectors for a while, but eventually got everything back on. *whew* bc for a while there I was scard I'd blown his computer up, it wouldn't come back on.... ok so neither did the microwave or treadmill but we can live withouth *those*! But all is well now, hubby fixed it and we all learned a lesson lol.

On that note, I guess I will shut up now ;) Maybe I'll find a movie to rot my mind with while I make a dishcloth or a sock... or somedamnthing...........

Have a great day/week ya'll!

2 comment(s):

  • I think a poncho would be great for you trip...hmmm maybe the pattern I gave you would be perfect in case it gets chilly...when you get your package you can make it...maybe...;) Have a great week!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:11 AM  

  • I accidentally hit enter, before putting...from Your Secret Pal! :)

    Good think I had changed it to Anonymous! :)


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home