Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Sunday, February 20, 2005

I promised pictures

And here they are, finally ;)

Starting with the cute kitty pics (because I'm going in the order the pictures were taken lol)

This is what my goober cat was doing as I got ready to go to town the other day. The more I cooed at him the more he moved around and did flips and acted all adorable lol. The basket he's on? That was put there in an effort to keep him off the wayuphighplace... as you can see it worked very well rofl.



This next one doesn't show the really funny part, because of course it's a still photo rather than a video... so first a bit of background. Hubby bought a treadmill recently, and Goofball is fascinated with it, so the other night, hubby unfolded the thing and was about to get on and torture himself... I mean run... but Goof decidedd it was finally time to check this thing out. So he sniffs around for a while, finally putting a paw or two on. Huby thought he'd be cute and turn it on, freak the cat out so he'd leave it alone or something.... well that just made Goof even *more* curious! So they played the on-off game for a while. Goof would get on the treadmill, hubby'd turn it on, Goof would roll off the back end of it, hubby'd stop it, cat would get back on, hubby'd turn it on again and so on. After a few times of that, Goof got curious about how this was working and started doing his cute flippy thing trying to see underneath it, when that didn't work he put his front paws on it as it was running and thought he'd make it stop, but that didn't work either... in the end he'd almost figured out how to stay on it while it was running, but he never quite got there lol. I tried to get a shot of flying cat, but the cam is to slow for that, so you get this instead :
This is him trying to stop the thing, just after he'd flown off the end hehehe

Well, now that I've bored you with my kitty antics how about some crochet related pics?

I finished the star baby 'ghan:


I had a bit of leftover yarn so I made a poncho and hat to give with it:




Then today I managed to start and finish the Thomas Jefferson wig for the kiddo. I just made a simple hdc skully that comes to just above his ears, finished it off, then added "hair" fringe style, his hat will cover the knots so I wasn't concerned about how it looked *g*

and here with the hat on :

And now that those important things are done, the secret project is complete, and I've crossed over half the things on my crochet list to-do off, I have one more "must do" project (slipper socks for the kid for crazy sock day at school) then I am going to make myself another hat, probably Dot's latest creation *g* then I'll whip out some more book thongs and start prepping for my upcoming trip to Holland.

It's been a pretty lazy weekend for me. I blew my back out Friday, just bent over to look at something sitting in a chair at the thrift shop and when I went to straighten up, I couldn't. Happens quite often really, so I'm used to it. It took a minute or two for me to ease myself to a standing position, and I was walking like a granny after, but I finished looking around and even (like a total dumbass) made the bus trip down to the other base so I could mail some stuff. Might not have been so bad, but I ended up standing in the cold for over an hour waiting for the bus. They'd posted a new schedule and taken down the old one... one would therefore assume the new one is in efffect right? So I was thrilled to read that there would be a bus at 2:45 and I wouldn't have to kill another hour after my errands were finished. How wrong I was. After going to the post office, then the craft shop, then the commissary for soda and cofffee creamer and capri suns for the kid (all heavy things of course and I forgot the rolling cart so I had to carry them) I went to the bus stop, arriving with 5 minutes till the bus was (I thought) supposed to arrive. Not bad at all I thought. 2:45 came and went...no bus. Two other people were there as well so I figured the bus was just late, what are the odds that three ppl read it wrong? Then 15 teenagers showed up too. So I stood there for half an hour freezing in silence with the other two adults, all of us checking out watches, occasionally bitchin about the cold, then we were descended upon by loud, cussing, abnoxious army brats which we had to put up with for the better part of another half hour till the bus finally showed up. Come to find out the new schedule didn't go into effect till Sunday (that would be today) Oh I was pissed.

I didn't feel warm all night. The cold crept into my back and by bedtime I could hardly walk. Yesterday was spent pretty much either flat on my back, or carefully sitting up. Today it's somewhat better but still hurts like hell and twinges whenever I move certain ways. Oh how I hope warmer weather comes soon, my back almost never does this when it's warm out.

Well now that I've whined my head off, I think I'll go take a muscle relaxer and a nice warm bath, hopefully followed by a nap ;)

Hope ya'll are having a good weekend!

5 comment(s):

  • I'm sorry about your back... I've had times where my back went out, and it was *not* fun. :P

    Cute star blanket. :)

    Your cats are funny!


    By Blogger noricum, at 11:13 AM  

  • Goober is awesome...hahaha We just got a treadmill and my cat wants nothing to do with it. It's too noisy and as soon as we turn it on, he's off like a rocket. I would have loved to have seen your kitty with it. TOO cute :)

    I love your star afghan. That's one of my next projects.


    By Blogger Trish, at 11:39 AM  

  • Marvie - I love your star ghan! Do you think you could share where you got the pattern? I feel like I've hunted all over C'Ville to no avail, and I'd love to make one!

    By Blogger hi, i'm natalie, at 1:59 PM  

  • sorry to hear about your back - hope it feels better soon!

    Love the star blanket! very nice!


    By Blogger Lynlee, at 2:43 PM  

  • Cats do the silliest thing! They crack me up. I sure do miss my cats, they were always doing things that make you laugh.

    The afghan is so beautiful. The poncho and hat are too cute for words. You did an amazing job! I bet they are going to love it.

    I love the hat for your son, that is so clever. You really did a nice job, that is a good idea for halloween too!

    I am so sorry to hear your back gave your grief. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better, well wishes that you are 100% soon.


    By Blogger Heather, at 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home