One year
Where does the time go??? Today marks my family's one year anniversary in Germany. One down, two to go lol. We will celebrate on our third anniversary ;) By packing I hope rofl.It was a pretty quiet weekend around here. I spent it mostly making these:
It's not very many for a weekend's worth of work lol. I had to take a lot of breaks though lmao. I'll never be able to do big thread projects, but at least now I know I *can* use it! Small things like these book thongs, flowers and such sure... doilies, tablecloths and things of that nature I leave to people with more patience and who are less prone to headaches *g* These thongs are a fun little quickie project though and I think they'll find happy homes with my friends for bday gifts placed inside a book =) Thanks Donna! I've done a bit of research and discovered that there is a spinning guild in the town where we'll be staying in Holland, which means there should be someplace to shop for rovings! I'm on a mission ;) I will find some Dutch wool to spin *g* I also plan to check out their yarn options of course. Might bore my friends to tears but dangit I'm a fiberholic lol. They're going to just have to bear with me ;)
Thanks for the tips on putting a buttonhole in my camera pouch! I haven't done it yet, but now that I know it's safe I will =)
Oh crud... I have to call the school... brb then I'll explain. Back =) Well the principal was out for the moment so while I wait for him to return my call I'll tell ya'll what happened. Friday my son came home from school and told me about an incident he'd had with a little girl in his class. He and this girl have had some issues in the past (methinks it's puppy love) so it wasn't a total surprise, though his reaction to it was. They were goofing around in the hallway and he poked one of this girl's friends on the shoulder, something was said about NBC (No Body Contact, strongly enforced rule at the school) and B (claims) he pretended to do it again but didn't actually touch the second time... well this girl whopped him in the head! My little Leo's (Aug.2) temper got the best of him and he turned around and pushed the girl who'd whopped him. Teacher ended it there and sent the two of them to the office. Principal had them write on a piece of paper what had happened then called each of the kid's parents. Well he tried hubby first at work, but it was lunchtime so hubby was out of the office, then he called here but I was outside (I walked in the house on the last ring, but we don't have caller ID or an answering machine so I had no idea who it had been.) Well B said he didn't get in trouble at school, no detention or suspension or anything, just a little talking to by the principal (then again by me on Friday and last night by his dad) but I wanted to call the school anyway this morning to confirm his story, as well as let the principal know that B *did* tell me about it. So I'm waiting for the return call now, we'll see if B told me the whole truth lol. He's been known to play his part in things way down ;)
We did talk to him about it though, let him know that it's just not cool to be messing around like that, much less with girls. Reminded him that he's been told all his life not to lay his hands on a female, even if she does make him shaking mad (because we will do that to men sometimes) he just has to walk away from it. Then hubby had a short little man to man with him and we left it at that.
My little boy is finally starting to show his own personality. He's always been so like me in pretty much every way. I wondered if the Leo/Fire in him would ever rear it's head. (I'm Capricorn/Earth... it had to happen sometime lol) My kiddo has always been pretty peaceful and easy going, eager to please, quiet natured, and pretty mature for his age. (His Rising sign is Capricorn though) He's just never shown any of the fire, desire for attention etc. that Leo is known for. Heh, figures it'd start showing up as his hormones kick in huh? He's 10 1/2 and already having pre-teen symptoms lol. Frankly, I'm glad hubby's home for a while cuz well, he knows way more about what the boy is dealing with than I do lol. Of course, hubby will be going back to sea right as the boy hits his teens. I'm thinking that's not going to be fun for mom rofl. Maybe I'll just stuff him in a sea bag and ship him out with hubby ;)
Well, not much else going on. I have a couple of secret things I need to get working on so I should get off here and get busy on them...
Happy Valentine's Day to you all! {{{HUGS}}}






4 comment(s):
i totally understand your Leo troubles... my daughter's father is a Leo, and toward the end of my pregnancy I thought she was trying to hang in there to be one too! i was glad she didn't! lol i hope things get worked out with the school and that he has learned his lesson!
congrats on one year! now that you have it down, the next 2 should be a breeze!
By
Lynlee, at
1:49 PM
Happy Valentine's Day!
~Your Secret Pal
By
Anonymous, at
5:27 PM
By
Joy, at
10:53 PM
By
Donna Hulka, at
11:57 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home