Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Let's see. what have I been up too? I am sitting here feeling very content, I feel caught up for the first time in weeks. I've been falling behind in crochet, reading blogs, email (let's not even think about how far behind I really still am there lol) and pretty much everything else I do. So if I'm feeling content and caught up, technically I should have accomplished something right?

Well I did get a few things done. I made a packing list for my trip. I make a list of things I plan to take with me, adding/subracting as the days/weeks pass. Making sure the clothes I want to take can be found, are clean, and well, that they still fit ;)

As I made the list, I realized I needed not only the hook case I'd already started on, but a pouch for my 35mm camera. It's just a cheapie thing, but I like it. So I grabbed a ball of the Noro Kureyon I bought when Anna was here. I whipped up a little bag with a falp, felted it up... then realized I didn't leave a buttonhole! So I have to figure out a closure for it still but here it is:

Before (6.5"X6" or close to it) and after (6X5:

I also worked on the baby 'ghan, am into the white now. I have about 9 more rows or so. That's just eyeballin' it. I should look for someplace that lists standard blanket sizes.

I finished the hook case:



I organized my yarns, frogged the knitted scarf (maybe I feel liberated from that lol) made a list of things I need to get crocheted before I leave, crossed one of those items off today but it was a secret pal project so I can't talk about it. Frustrating too bc I reeeeeeeeeeeeally wanna tell ya'll about it. I'm damn proud of myself lol. I made some of Donna's Book Thongs too! Yes, *I* used thread! and beads! I got four done tonight before my eyes were crossing and my brain hurt from that little bitty stuff. Oh I had to weave ends with a sewing needle with a teensy little teeny tiny eye. That was not fun, but I managed it. I still want to make a few more too. Almost all my friends read, so these can count as one of my Gift-along items for Feb. hehehehe and I even managed to do a little bit of housework in the past few days (reeeally been slacking there lately.)

Hmmm well that's about all I have right now. I'm sitting here staring off into space and can feel the sleepies coming on lol. So goodnight everyone =) Hope ya'll have a nice evening!

2 comment(s):

  • Fulled stuff doesn't really unravel, so you could cut a hole, and then stitch around the opening...

    By Blogger noricum, at 8:32 PM  

  • Andrea is right on that Marvie. Just snip a button hole (I stitched around mine with matching yarn. It'll work, I've done it with three bags so far without any problems.

    Both cases look great!!


    By Blogger Deneen, at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home