Woohoooooooo!
I'm goin' on vacation! *does happy dance* Next month I'm taking a train to Amsterdam to meet one of my best friends. We're going to stay with one of her friends in The Hauge, right near the beach. Her friend is a *chef*! Oh my we're gonna be eatin' good *g* I'm so damned excited I can hardly stand myself! Eight days in Holland. No kid, no hubby, no cats, no STRESS. Just me, my friend, her friend, and good food and good times. Yay me! Well, ok Yay Hubby for not even hesitating when I told him about it, he said "Make your plans, we'll get the tickets" That's not all either! After I come back here from that little trip, I'm going to be flying home to the states =) At first we were talking about a week or maybe two. Now he's saying I can stay 3 or 4 weeks if I want! Oh joy, joy, joy! PLUS he's saying that this summer the kiddo and I can fly back and stay till school starts! Woohooooooooooooooooo!Hmmm think hubby's gettin' tired of me? ;) Well, he knows how bored I've been and how much I miss my friends. Granted I've said over and over how nice it's been to not have all the pressure of socializing that I had when we lived there and how much I've loved not having to deal with phone calls all day every day, but I do miss my girlfriends. Of course, now they're spread out across the country. One in Va Bch, one in Ohio, one in Wash. state and then my childhood friend in Texas. I'll get to see the first two for sure while I'm home both times, but probably not the others. I won't be able to afford to fly all over and I am so not doing the damn bus. I might swing a trip to Texas bc I have family there as well, but we'll have to see how the finances are over the summer.
Another good thing about going back this summer. I'll be able to get my driver's license back finally. It's been suspended for 10 years. Long story short, I was po'd at my then bf and took a sharp corner (sign said 25mph) at like almost 40 and took out the guard rail. Pretty much totaled my truck, I wasn't hurt, but the guard rail was bent to hell. Insurance was lapsed and I didn't have the $800 to pay for the guard rail. License suspended for 10 yrs or till I paid the fine. I tried to get a payment plan but the state of Texas refused that, so I said "screw 'em I can wait it out" and I did. Well, ok I drove a lot in spite of the suspension, even got caught once. But anyway, in June I'll be able to do whatever needs to be done to get it back. So I'll be sure to take care of that this summer. I'm not worried about driving over here, don't even want to. Hubby always drives when we travel (which we haven't yet here but we still have 2 yrs) and I can take trains and busses to get around town and such if I want to go out. But I do want to have my license. If nothing else, once I have it back I can rent a car and go places while I'm home.
Damn I'm excited lol.
In other news. B's math tutor has offered to pay me to make a baby blanket for her niece. Got it started in the colors she picked. Here's a pic of it in progress:
It's only got about 13 rows so far, but not a bad start. I have till the end of the month to finish. No idea of what to charge her though. Have to give that some thought.
I put aside the beret I started so I could do the blanket, but I think I'll work on that a bit today. I'm really excited to see how it turns out with the gorgeous eyelash/fur I got Saturday.
I spent yesterday spinning up the red roving I bought Sat. Got it all spun and soaked. I think it's about dry already. I have some plans for that =) Felting *g* that's all I'm gonna say for now.
Oh, and with all my traveling I have decided to hand in my resignation for the RAOK address holder job. I'm just not going to be around enough to give it the attention it needs. Granted, it's not much, just simple copy/paste addresses into emails when asked and putting new info on the contact sheet... but I'm not going to be online much over the next 5-6 months. Oh, don't get me wrong, I won't be AWOL lol. I'll have computer/internet access everywhere I'll be staying and I can keep up with blogging/emails and the SP Swap (actually that'll be easier while I'm gone!) and reading the boards. I just won't be on all day every day like I am now ;)
So Deneen is looking for a replacement for my spot. If you're interested give her a shout. This list really needs a couple of contacts, as big as it is and considering it's a year round thing. I honestly wasn't planning to be away for so long when this all started. I figured a week, maybe two at most. But I am not passing up the opportunity lol.
Well, I think I'll hop off here and see what I can accomplish today. Probably not much lol I'm pretty crampy and feelin lazy, so I'll probably just work on my hat *g*
Hope ya'll have a great day!






4 comment(s):
i love that baby blanket .. of course its one of my all time favourite patterns ..
By
ThreeOliveMartini, at
7:15 AM
By
Unknown, at
8:34 AM
Anna
p.s. Have fun on your travels!
By
Anonymous, at
12:21 PM
By
noricum, at
3:11 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home