I played today!
Here's my son dyeing a hank:
And his finished hank of wool:
Here's one I started out doing in reds and blues...:
When I suddenly decided smooshing it together made a really pretty purple...
This is what happens when you *don't* wear gloves *grins*
The finished product:
From Left to right:
The purples (hence the dyed hands *g*, next was done with blues and changin' cherry (for the green), then is B's rainbow tye/dyed concoction (can't wait to see how that looks worked up!) and last is the one I did with this mornings left over coffee. I'm gonna try tea next cuz SamplerLady says that one came out really nice too. I have two hanks left, so one's gonna be tea and the other's gonna be done with orange and... something *g*
It was fun! I'm so hooked on Kool-Aid dying now! I used one skein of LB Fisherman's wool ($9.00) and for each color I used two packets of kool-aid disolved with 6 packets of water (mostly because that way you get all the powder out, but also bc I didn't have to hunt down the measuring cup) and a couple of glugs (smallish glugs not huge glugs) of vinegar. I didn't even use all the dye in each bowl either... next time I think I'll get two skeins of wool *g*






5 comment(s):
By
Unknown, at
12:32 PM
By
Deneen, at
1:58 PM
Oh... how's your kid and school going this term? Any better?
By
noricum, at
3:49 PM
~ DAWN
By
DAWN, at
5:11 PM
cute kid too!
By
Lynlee, at
8:02 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home