25 feakin degrees?!?!?
My little weather girl is smiling like a fool and it's 25 degrees out there!Today I am grateful for:
HOT coffee
WARM mittens, hats, scarves and layers of clothing
Shawls
Blankies
WARM kitties in my lap
SOCKS lol
and my NEW Spring Secret Pal! Ya'll can go ahead and be jealous *g*, because I've already gotten my first gift!!! I thought real hard about keeping it to myself till the round *officially* starts on the first.... but I just couldn't do it heheh. I checked my email last night and there it was.... she'd noticed a comment I'd made on C'ville about a poncho that I thought was adorable.... and she bought me the pattern!
Isn't that the cutest poncho? Yup it is =) And I'm gonna be wearin it *g* I can't make it yet, one bc I have too many things going right this minute, and two bc I need yarn (but my pal hinted that she might be sending me the yarn for it too!) But by the time I get all caught up, one way or another, I'll have yarn.... cuz I just might have to have this in more than one color/type of yarn heheheh.
I had my first spinning dream last night. I don't remember it very well, my dreams always fade so fast and if I try to write it down when I wake from it I'm not going back to sleep, so I never do. Well anyway, after I'd gotten the email from my pal with the pattern in it I replied to thank her and said something about dreaming of ponchos.... then got to reading threads at Crochetville and Beth is also making this poncho.... but I didn't dream about ponchos, I dreamt about spinning... well I guess because Beth and I just started spinning practically on the same day, she somehow ended up in my dream. Like I said, it's pretty fuzzy now.... so I don't remember much other than Beth was in it, there was spinning going on... and I think talk of ponchos, but can't be sure, there was talk though. Maybe Beth was spinning a poncho, I dunno lol. Yeah, I know, not much detail there lol but it's all I got *g*
Well, hubby told me last night that PayPal finally gave us our money back, though it's in the PalPal account, not our bank account... so he has to move it before we can use it... but we finally have our money back. This means I should be able to mail some stuff out either Friday... Sat. if I get up early and do the bus to the other base thing, or Monday. I'm hoping for Friday, considering how long it takes for my stuff to get where it's going. Those extra few days would be handy lol. This does mean that we won't run out of the important stuff (Coffee, milk, bread, PB...) So I'm a happy mommy now.
Haven't gotten far on my hooded scarf since I last talked about it. Got about two inches of the hood done. It won't take long if I just sit down and DO it. I've got three balls of my spun yarn done. I'm really lovin' how this teal is turning out. I can't wait to see how much of it I end up with so I can decide what to make!
I need to figure out what color I should use to make a poncho for my friend's daughter. She's a precious little 3rd grader with gorgeous short wavy red hair and pale creamy skin. She's a little thing, when I see her I think of a fairy. I'm going to make Chelle's Lacy Shell Poncho (I'd link to it but it's not working for some reason, sorry) and some sort of adorable hat, possibly in a flapper style. Any suggestions? Stylish, cute, feminine, and above all tasteful, is what I'm shooting for. I don't know much about little girl fashions, cuz well I have a boy... jeans n a shirt, that's fashion for him lmao. I know what color I'd make this for myself or for an adult, but for a wee one, I need some advice lol. Thanks in advance =)
K well I'm going to get off here and try to accomplish something, I slept late again so once again lost my morning lol.






4 comment(s):
By
Heather, at
11:45 AM
Peachy pink would look great on a little redheaded girl.
Hope you stay warm and cozy and crochet like crazy!
By
Colette, at
11:56 AM
~Your Secret Pal
By
Anonymous, at
11:57 AM
By
Daisy, at
3:32 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home