All wound up =)
Here's my very first ever spun by me yarn!
Different view:
Is it patheticly stupid that I'm so proud and happy about this? But what a magickal process... I took a ball of fluff, made it into YARN, and soon I'll turn it into fabric. *I* did this. I'm in awe of how simple it was to do and the beauty of it.
I don't know what this will become yet, I'm just going to let it sit here on my desk till it talks to me.
I'm going to play with the teal fluff today. I have a couple of hours alone... the other stuff I spun with so many distractions from hubby, kid and friends... I want to try it out while it's quiet so I can really get into it =)
I've already decided I want a wheel at some point. I think I'll have hubby build me one to start with. The lady who designed the Seraphina Shawl made her own wheel out of pvc and a bicycle wheel and she sells the plans for $5.00. I'm thinking of ordering them (it's a pdf file, or you can pay a couple of extra bucks and she'll mail it to you in a booklet) and seeing if hubby can build it for me. I could put it up in the attic room. It's very basic, but I think it'd get me by till I can afford/talk hubby into a nice wheel. Here's a link if anyone's interested in seeing what I'm talking about : Here Hubby could probably do it just by looking at the picture, but since he's never laid eyes on a spinning wheel of any sort that I know of, I'd rather pay her the $5 and get the plans, play it safe *g* Course, then we'd have to find the supplies.... there is a big home improvement store here called OBI and I'd bet they have pvc. It's just a matter of getting there. He could probably get one of his work buddies to take him though (he just hates to ask for anything, even a ride someplace) If/when he does I'm also going to have him pick up some extra pvc to make a niddy noddy like the one Rebecca's hubby made her Scroll down to see that's just neat lol. I also need to pick up a couple of dog brushes to use for carding... and who knows what else *g*
K gonna go play with the other fluff before I screw around and loose my quiet time =)






1 comment(s):
(when I was little I wanted a spinning wheel and sheep- strange child I know)
By
Unknown, at
7:31 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home