Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Today is my Monday

Which of course throws my whole week off lol. Ahh well. So first I want to share a few pics, then I'll babble ;)

This is my current project... done in my icy blue chenille from THAT place ;)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
The flash kinda makes it glare, but the cat napping on the corner was just to cute for me to try to get a better pic *g*

Speaking of cats... Tux has made my desk his new home... here's a shot of him sitting inside the felted hat-that-wasn't-a-hat...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Before shot of my little green bag:


After:


Standing:


This bag was supposed to be round, but it seems the bag had better ideas *g* I like the way it came out though, so it's cool. I'm going to throw it back in the wash though, noticed yesterday that you can still see through it when held up to the light. Since I plan to use it to carry projects with me, holes are not a good thing. Hopefully, it'll full some more.

My weekend was rather interesting, in a weird sort of way. It was mostly spent (all four days) rearranging the house for that schrank (Thank you Andrea for letting me know how to spell that!) I was really bummed out that after all our hard work, two nights and a full day of moving things around, we couldn't leave it the way we had it. We both loved how it looked on that wall, and it was nice having the tv on a different wall (I'm big on changing things around evbery so often) but it wasn't meant to be.

We have some room beneath us that powers our whole building (or something) and it has a hell of a magnetic field, after just watching one movie, our tv started flickering. Hubby noticed that as soon as he took the movie out. We just thought that maybe it was the long extension cord he'd picked up at the thrift shop, so figured he'd change that out the next day and all would be well.

Not what happened. He turned the tv on the next day and just about came unglued. Didn't explain it at first, I was sitting here on the computer minding my own business, when suddenly he comes grunting and straining behind me, carrying our big ass tv. Sits it on the floor, plugs it in, turns it on... and cussed like the sailor he is. There was a red spot at the bottom of the screen.... not a little one either. This was the size of, oh I'd say an orange...

So he gets the neighbor to come over, they confer and decide it's that wall, or what's under it. This meant we had to change the room around again. So as calmly as I could (because someone has to stay calm right?!?) I started hauling little crap out of the LR and into our bedroom, taking stuff off the shelves that might break when he shoved those huge, heavy pieces of solid oak across the room. He dismantled all of his surround sound equipment, moved the couches out of the way... and we got it all moved.

By the end of the night we had it all moved and put back together. The tv seems to be healing itself, now that it's away from the bad wall. There's a small dark shadow where the big red spot was. The flickering seems to have stopped.

Neither of us loves the way the room looks now, the schrank had to be split up because all four pieces wouldn't fit on the bad wall. So there's an orphan piece over on the good wall. I had to give up a couple more pieces of small furniture and some knicknacks because they just wouldn't fit. But it's done. And we're stuck with this arrangement till we leave here it seems. Gods I wanna go home! I just can't imagine another two years here with the same furniture arrangment the whole time! Changing my house around keeps me sane.

But, it's done and there's nothing I can do about it. Gotta live with it. Hell, I'm not in there often, I spend more of my time in this little corner on my computer than I do in any other room of this place lol.

On to happier subjects ;)

I'm hoping for a good mail week this week. It'd be so very nice if my damn flannel lined jeans would arrive. I'd love to wear those when I go on my two and a half mile walk to the LYS. Plus, the drop spindle should be here soon.... and my yummy yarns from THAT place too.

I should go to the other base and mail stuff today, but I really need a quiet day to just chill after our weekend. So I'll go tomorrow and get that done...finally lol.

Well I'm sitting here with nothing more to type at the moment, so I think I'll see how much farther I can get on my blue purse. I hope I can get it done today. As ya'll know sc is not my favorite thing to do. I wanted a nice tight stitch though and this chenille is very thin and floppy. Even using a G hook it's not as tight as I wanted, but it's ok. It'll be pretty when it's finished. I'll have to look for some fabric when I go to the other base, it definately needs to be lined.... which involves sewing, my other least favorite thing to do lol. Hopefully I can find something pretty in the quilter's heaven that is our base craft shop.

Hope ya'll have a great day!

1 comment(s):

  • i LOVE the green bag! your own pattern? if not - what did you use?

    By Blogger Lynlee, at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home