I found yarn shops!
I did some online looking and I found four yarn shops, three of them are close enough to walk to! The closest is about 2.5 miles away, an hour walk according to www.mappy.com hell I can handle an hour walking if it gets me to yummy yarn! Actually the three are all within an hour walk. The other I can take the bus to, cuz it's near the downtown walking/shopping area where the school field trip was. I could walk that one too, but it's just as easy to bus it lol. So I'm thinking over the next couple/few weeks I'll be hauling my ass out of the house to go check these places out. If nothing else it gets me out, and I can use the exercise lol. If I leave in the morning I can be back in plenty of time for the kid when he gets home from school. I'm so excited, I'd go today, but it's getting late for shopping over here, everything closes so damn early it'd probably be closed by the time I got there. Besides, I have to wait for payday lol.Not much else goin on. I made three hats for anysoldier.com, which I will mail off to Julie on Tuesday... or hubby will actually. I did one in cammo, a black one and a tan one.
I finished up the stuff for my Secret Pal's final package, unless I find something else to add to it before Tuesday lol. I ended up changing my mind on one of the things I was going to make, it just wasn't working for me so I did something else instead. I like how the something else turned out though, so I'm happy. Hopefully she will be too =)
OH!! I have to start doing some online research on spinning =) Hubby bought me a drop spindle....
This one =) Purty huh? Gotta update my wish list. He also bought me mannequin heads *g* I love the want... I mean Watch list on ebay heheh
I'm waiting for my purty yarns to come too that he ordered from that place Kari doesn't like me to link too *g* It's gonna be a good couple of mail weeks! Hey, he can buy geeky puter stuff, I can buy neat yarny stuff *g*
Well, I'm gonna go read up on spinning =) Ya'll have a great day!






4 comment(s):
lol on the yarn for "THAT" place
I'm drooling as I type.
I've wanted to try spinning but I have soo much going on already I think I'll save that till the boy gets older!
By
Unknown, at
8:20 AM
This site seems to have a fairly straightforward description, and I like their idea for using mugs for plying too:
http://www.handspinning.com/lollipops/spininst.htm
By
noricum, at
11:45 AM
By
Deneen, at
4:46 PM
By
Lynlee, at
5:21 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home