Ramblings....
G'mornin folks =)Hope ya'll had a good weekend =) Mine was pretty nice, other than recovering from my drinking binge Saturday night lol. But we had fun playing cards and hanging out, so as long as I don't drink that much very often it'll be fine *g*
Working on a pair of slippers... I started out using a pattern from the net, made one slipper and wore it for a while but decided I wasn't happy with the toe area, so I'm trying out something different. From my sock making endeavors I know I don't like starting out in the round for footwear, it always seems to end up with a spot right under my toes that's just excess fabric. I much prefer doing the chain and working both sides, so I am doing that for these slippers. Which are really just slipper socks if ya wanna know the truth lol. I'll post a pic when they're done.
Hubby ordered me some more yarn from Frankfurt Ave (not posting the link this time out of respect for Kari *g*) so in a week or so that'll be here, Yay! My new hook should be here anyday now too! Still waiting on the flannel lined jeans, those shipped regular ground so it'll take forfreakinever. Hopefully not much longer though!
Hubby is turning into a computer geek. He keeps buying stuff from ebay and adding it to one or the other computer. Well, he'd ordered me a new processor before christmas and we're still waiting for that to arrive, then he turns around and bids on another dang computer! Scary thing is, his bid won! So soon we'll have a third computer. He's got all these geeky plans to take this thingamajig out of his and put another thingamajig in this one, then switch this whatchacallit from the new one into his.... don't ask, I don't know lmao. All I understand is that his computer (which was brand new in August) will be faster and better, and my computer.... this one... which is about two years old and much faster than the one I had before will be even faster and have all sorts of new parts n pieces. And the kiddo will have a computer too.
Hubby's puter will be pretty much for his gaming only, mine will be the utility computer (with it's new pieces I won't have to put my pics on his computer then move 'em so I can access 'em from mine, this is a good thing!) By utility, I mean since I don't play those memory hogging games he plays, my 'puter will have all the useful stuff on it *g* which is way fine with me! The kid's puter will be pretty bare bones. Just something he can type up homework on, maybe put a few games on. No internet yet, if he needs to look something up there will be two other machines he can use.
I have my yarn, he can have his geeky stuff ;)
Besides, if he wants this stuff, he better get it while we're over here because once we go back home we won't have the money for it lol. It's been nice having play money every payday, I'll admit that. I'll happily give that up though to be home again =) We've bought enough stuff in the past year to keep us happy for a while I would think. We've gone from one crappy old slow computer, to two, going on three much faster and better all around computers. I've gotten a couple of really nice pieces of furniture, three REALLY nice paintings, originals even. We've enhanced our library quite a bit. He's added more than a few military zippos to his collection, and gotten some very nice showcases for them. So, stuff-wise, it's been a good year I guess. We've gotten things we couldn't have afforded if we'd stayed in the states. Not to mention all the little stuff we've added. We'll definately need a good sized house when we go back lol. At least as big as the one we moved out of, if not bigger. Oh to be able to spread out again! *sigh*
Hubby asked me the other night why I have piles of stuff at my spots ( my desk, my spot in the LR, my side of the bedroom) I laughed, because well, I am a clutterbug. I can't seem to help myself. I like to have certain things near me. My yarn for one, (it's not by the bed though, but I do store most of it in a trunk in the bedroom) I have three baskets of yarn and sweaters to be frogged stored in the corner behind the end table near my couch. I have a cup of hooks and nail stuff and pens on the end table, lotion for hydrating my hands (if I put it away in the bathroom I'll never get up and go get it so I'd have yukky dry hands) odds n ends of yarn, or a pile of trimmings can usually be found there too. Then there are things I just like to have nearby, a few crystals and or photos, nickknacks or something the kiddo has given me..... that's just on my LR table....
On my desk I have, more hooks and nail stuff, my lamp, which has little places for paper clips and such (ok so I put yarn needles and stitch markers in it *g*) my turtle pin cushion, three notebooks for lists, notes and writing down part of a pattern so I can go sit on the couch and work. My camera, a dish of little crap... rings, stitch markers, hair clips, lip balm.... a pen cup, the painting B's tutor gave me, and the Goddess I made last week. That's just the stuff surrounding my monitor lol. Below that are at least four balls of yarn, plus the brown chenille I haven't wound yet.... a little box that holds bits of paper with phone numbers on them, post it notes and other small stuff like that. My yarn winder is clamped to my desk (probably permanently lmao) my mouse of course, a magazine I haven't looked at yet and three partial crochet projects. Wanna know what's worse? I just cleaned it off yesterday lmao.
Oh yeah, then there's the shelf underneath which has more crap. a book, a binder of patterns, a wire shelf/thingy for papers n such where I put school stuff, magazines I have read, and other pieces of paper I might need soon (If I don't need it it gets filed, usually) button box, my crochet carrying backpack and goddess knows what else that I can't even see.
I'm messy, but organized in my own fashion lol. All my crap is in dishes, baskets or some sort of container. And like I told him, it's not as if we have closets or places for my to put this stuff, even if I wanted to put it away. Having it in containers makes it easy to hide in drawers or closets when company is coming or whatever. I can have all my crap out of sight in ten minutes. I know, cuz I've done it ;)
I guess it bugs him cuz he's so military minded. Neatness is a big thing for him. So I told him I'll live with his neatness if he'll live with my somewhat neat messes *g*
We're such opposites sometimes I wonder how we live so well together lol. But somehow we manage it =)
Gods I am chatty today. Maybe I should get off here and actually accomplish something on my to-do list instead of boring ya'll to tears *g* I think I'll work on my slipper for a while lol.
Ya'll have a great week!






1 comment(s):
I'm a clutterbug as well. One of the reasin why I do that flylady.net thing. Helps me TRY to keep it all under control.
By
Unknown, at
7:29 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home