Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Friday, January 07, 2005

To do list

I sat down yesterday and wrote out a list of crap I have to get done, we'll say within the next week. It has 12 items and I only got one crossed off yesterday. I really need to get myself motivated lol.

K before I ramble any more, there were a couple of questions yesterday so let me answer them. Lynlee asked where she can read more about RAOK. Yep they moved the topic, it's got it's very own forum now, down near the bottom of the page under the Connect listings, it's titled Wish List. You can click that nifty blinkie over yonder in my sidebar and it'll take you directly to the wish list post if you like =) They moved it because it's not truely a swap. This is just folks doin somethin nice for someone else whenever they get a chance, or the urge =) No commitment necessary =) Just post your list at Crochetville in the RAOK wish list post, put it up on your blog ( either as a link or in the sidebar, somewhere people can easily find it when they want to have a peek) send Deneen and/or myself (if I get an address I email it to her and vice versa so we both have a complete list) and that's it. If you see a wish you can grant (or just want to send something to someone who might get more use from it, even if it's not on the list) email one of us and we'll give you the address(s) you need. You can choose to keep your identity a secret when you send, if you want, but it's not a requirement at all. If one of your wishes gets granted, post your thank you in the Wish List Thank You thread (this will keep the list thread from getting clogged up) and if you have any questions or comments there's another thread for that, or you can email Deneen or myself =)

Speaking of Deneen, she asked if we get to go home where would we be stationed? Well, the discussion has been to go back to the Norfolk/VA Bch area. It's got the best chance of him getting a boat he wants, we were all quite happy living in Virginia Beach, schools are good, I was comfortable there. It will all depend on what the Detailer has available though. If he says he's only got two openings in hubby's rate and they're in oh hell I dunno, San Diego and WA state, then I guess we'd go out west lol. I don't particularly wanna live out west, but if that's what we have to do, it'll work out =) I do have family out there, haven't seen em in years n years. The chances of there NOT being anything available for hubby in Norfolk are pretty darned slim though, it's a huge base and lotsa ships. There's bound to be one that needs an OS (his job, Operations Specialist) with air control capabilities (he went to school and learned how to control helicopters a few years ago) so I'm pretty confident we'd get to go back there =) Frankly, I'd take almost anything if it puts me back on good old US soil.

Oh and for those of you who read my rambling nonsense, I am adding one more thing to my wish list, it's for my kitty Tux. He really misses milk rings.... yes you read that right... milk rings, those things ya rip off the jug when ya open it up the first time. He loved playing with those things, and well for some strange ass reason they don't sell milk in jugs over here, it only comes in impossible-to-open-when-you-haven't-had-coffee-yet cartons (and where the hell's the handle on those things?). So if any of you drink milk at your house, and I know at least a couple of ya have got kids *g* could ya send my little whiner some neat free toys? He'd be so happy and I would be very grateful! =)

K back to babbling now ;) Today on my list of MUST do items is to go down to the Self-Help place (where they give ya lightbulbs n hardware and Mr.Fix-it type stuff so you can fix yer own stuff an not call maintenance over every teeny little thing) and see if they have this damn wood the kid needs for his project. I'm still pretty hot about that mess. I also have to go to the library and find out why the last book we turned in is still showing up late and hubby's getting nastygrams at work over it. This has become a bad habit with this library, I'm about over it. Since I gotta go that way, might as well look for some more books to check out and not read ;) Then I gotta stop at the CX and pick up some milk (in cartons, half gallon or smaller only btw, what the hell is up with that? I just don't get the logic) and some half n half, if they have any that is, and a few other things... I gotta have a shower before all that... there goes half my day and not one of those things is on my original list, so I can't even make that satisfying little line through 'em when they're done and watch my list shrink. Sure, I can add 'em to the list,but that makes it GROW. Not a good plan. Ugh. Need more coffee

Hope ya'll have a nice Friday!

2 comment(s):

  • If you end up in Virginia Beach that's only be about 3 hours from David's son... where we're going for vacation this year (They are in Fredericksburg) :)


    As far as milk rings we get tons. My cat loves those too but he ends up with to many so I'll save some and send them off.


    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:16 AM  

  • My kitties love them too, we'll send you some!
    Coralie


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home