Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Thursday, January 06, 2005

WOW!

I am just thrilled with the positive response on the RAOK Wishlist that's been started at Crochetville. There have been emails flying in with addresses, requests for addresses and questions =) So listen up everybody... if you haven't posted your list then DO IT! Don't worry about whether of not you can fill other wishes, that's not all of what it's about, just post your wishes. If you don't want to post wishes, then send me and Deneen your address anyway because somebody just might RAOK you anyway =)

RAOK can be simple things, an ecard for someone who's having a bad day, a note on their blog, sending a card just to say Hi, or it can be regifting something that you have no use for that's just taking up space in your house. Read in a post or on a blog that someone has a family member sick or hospitalized? You can let them know they are in your thoughts. What I'm getting at is that you don't HAVE to spend money to RAOK someone. Sure, if you want too and you can afford to buy someone that book, cd, or whatnot, go for it =) They'll really appreciate it, but most people appreciate the little things just as much =) So PLEASE don't let finances play a part in your participation folks!

I'd also like to suggest that everyone go to the Get to Know You Q&A board and answer the questions there when you get a chance (if you haven't already) as this will give us ideas of ways to RAOK others. If you think of questions that haven't been asked yet, start a new topic =) You never know when that one little bit of info might spark an opportunity to do something nice for someone.

And finally, just so everyone knows this, though it probably goes without saying, use care when posting personal info on your blog or other websites. Be careful when taking pics of your boxes or gifts received, make sure your address isn't showing, make sure your desk doesn't have bills and such visable in photos, things like that. I know that the folks participating in this are nice and trustworthy, but this is the web after all and you never know when someone might troll along and snag just enough information to do some damage. So while we're having fun, let's all use some care and caution while we're at it ok? =)

I'll be back in a bit with my usual posting and pictures. =)

4 comment(s):

  • I think it's great! I was able to grant one right off!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:39 AM  

  • I think you do wonderful work....I especially like the mittens, I haven't tried those yet, but your photos help tremendously. I ordered a yarn winder and can't wait for it to get here. I saw my blog listed on your site, I am trying to set that up on my blog also. When you get a chance, would you help me with it. I have read some online and need the html text to insert a list with links of blogs I read (like yours). I'd owe you big time, perhaps share a couple of really cool crochet patterns, I can send them on PDF.

    By Blogger Donna, at 2:12 PM  

  • Hey Donna =)

    I took the easy way out to get everyone's blog linked. Do you have a bloglines account? It's free so if not I highly recommend it! Makes reading a list of blogs so much easier than going to each one to see if they've updated =) Anyway, bloglines has a thingy (yeah I'm real technical huh lol) where you can make your bloglist public, it gives ou a code, you copy and paste the code into your blog template, and magickally a whole list of blogs jumps onto your site *g* best part is that whenever you add a new blog to your list, that code detects it and pops it on your page! You can also control which blogs go there or not if you like.

    Marvie


    By Blogger Marvie, at 3:09 PM  

  • PS. I forgot to tell ya...

    About the mittens... Sampler Lady has been a huge help to me with my sock/mitten making. Dig around at Crochetville and look for a post started by me about mittens with a red po'd face icon. She gave me the advice that fixed it for me. I'd link ya but kinda got my hands full at the moment. If you can't find it holler and I'll get it for you tomorrow.


    By Blogger Marvie, at 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home