Ahhhhhhh peace and quiet!
Am I the only parent who feels that the holiday break is entirely to damn long? Gods it's nice to have my house to myself again finally. It's sooo quiet. I'm not even playing music yet, just enjoying the fact that there's no sounds of PS2 in the background, no kid asking for this n that, no hubby doing hubby things. Just me n the cats (who are all napping and enjoying the quiet themselves lol.)Let me think, what have I done lately? Not a whole lot really. Worked on a couple of things I can't talk about here in case my Secret Pal reads this. Haven't finished them yet though. One of the things needs to be blocked but I have problems with that. First off I don't have a place TO block stuff, and second I don't have any of those pin thingies. Have no idea what to do. But I gotta fix these curling edges.
I made two little hats for our neighbor's babies the other night while we were there for dinner.
I started and nearly completed the Goddess for all Seasons yesterday. She just needs an arm and accessories now.
I had food poisoning (mild but still sick) on New Year's Eve, hubby made breakfast and we think the bacon must have been outdated. (He uses that boxed stuff) so I spent the whole day in bed, though I did get up and laid around watching movies all evening and stayed up long enough to see the fireworks.
Took down the christmas tree and stuff yesterday. Damn my house feels naked now lol.
Guess that's about it really. Nothing much, was pretty quiet and lazy lol.
I got the email for the Spring Secret Pal swap. Now I have to decide if I am going to do it or not. It kinda depends on what happens with hubby's termination request. If that goes through and his shore duty gets cancelled (Please Gods!) then we'll be packing and moving. I have a bit of time before I have to decide for sure, so we'll see what happens in the next week or so. Hubby said he should get an answer after the holidays, so....
I got my Hat Swap assignment =) I'm not keeping it a secret, already told her lol. I get to make Kari a hat! I think that's so cool because I feel like I know her well enough to do a decent job finding something she'll like =) (I hope anyway!) I haven't picked yarn or pattern yet though so if anyone has suggestions I'm still open for them!
Let's see, what else.... Haven't started my ripple yet. The kid wants his blanket done in greens, and I have lots of greens, but probably not enough of the true green he wants (he does NOT want puke green he said lmao) so I either have to decide what other color to add to it, or get more green.
No new socks to report, though I have taken a pic of the last ones and will post that in a bit.
Haven't gotten anywhere on my Make it Sacred challenge yet, but now that everyone's back to school/work I might be able to get started on it. Gotta get a before picture, decide what I want to do in there, then actually start ;)
Damn, I need to make myself a list. Now that I have this nifty new desk I actually have room for stuff like that lmao.
Well, ya'll have a great day. I'm gonna do something.... dunno what yet though lol.






2 comment(s):
I don't have kids, but I know what you mean about enjoying the peace and quiet. :))
By
noricum, at
9:30 AM
By
Deneen, at
5:29 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home