Can't sleep
I laid there for a half hour and my damned mind wouldn't shut up. I really hate when that happens. Usually I can do a sort of guided daydreaming kind of thing and make myself go to sleep. I started doing this when I was about 14, right after my dad died and I was having trouble sleeping. Back then I'd create and design my dream house, room by room, sometimes I'd do a whole house over a couple of weeks, right down to the tiniest details, other times, just a room or two then move on to something else. Over the years it's changed and changed, though designing and decorating seems to be a recurring theme. I've been doing this for so long that most of the time I can hardly get started before I'm asleep, my mind is so conditioned to the purpose. Not working tonight.So what's on my restless little brain tonight? Things I need to do. Maybe if I write (type) it all out my brain will shut up and let me sleep. so bear with me lol. you can skip this post if ya want lol I don't mind a bit. It's just gonna be babbling anyway.
In no particular order, just as stuff comes to me....
1.I've got to get going on the Make it Sacred Challenge. I'm thinking I'll start with the bathroom. That's where I tend to want to go when I need quiet time or feel bad. I go take a nice hot bath. Not sure what I'll do with it yet, but there it is, I've made the decision.
2. I've promised my son a crocheted pencil case, something similar to my hook case. Won't take long, about the length of a movie, give or take. Need to do this.
3. Also have tentatively promised him another blanket. He's outgrown the first one I made him, Gods, just a bit over a year ago I can't believe it! Need to pick colors, will probably use stash stuff. After all this winding I'm doing I notice I have quite a bit of blue. Maybe he'll get a blue scrap afghan of some sort.
4. Crochet alongs. Ripple Along... hmmm a scrap ripple for the kid.... takes care of two things. Better than the scarf I originally planned to do. Cool. Feet Need Socks, well socks are my stand by. Only make 'em for myself so far, so no rush on that. Then there's the Holiday Gift CAL, I made a list tonight and I have exactly 12 ppl that I make gifts for, at least that's how many I did this year. I have to start deciding what to make them for next year, and quick because this one starts after the New Year. Oh, and my dumb ass realized that each of these people also have b-days coming in the next year also, imagine that. So that really makes 24 gifts that need to be made. I did the list, the first b-day isn't till May. Gives me time to get a head start.
5. Hat swap... two hats, one for charity, one for the person who is assigned to me. Gonna have to look for a pattern for that once the assignment is out, damn that's tomorrow lol. The soldier hat is easy, a simple skully, already have the yarn. Ahead of the game there at least lol.
6. Possible hat orders after the New Year. No idea on what will be required for that as yet, assuming the ladies really do get back to me.
7. Have to decide what I want hubby to put on the business cards he's designing for me, beyond contact info that is. I'm stumped there. Should have something catchy that tells what I do and looks good. I am very unimaginative when it comes to making up names for shit though. Stumped.
8. Need to decide if I want to do the secret pal thing again. I have really enjoyed doing it and would like to do it again, but am not sure if I should ask my friend to keep doing the go-between on the mailing. She says she doesn't mind, but still. Have a little bit of time on that one. This swap goes till the end of Jan.
9. I really need to get to the damn dentist. I have two teeth that last year I had to have some root canal work done on, these teeth are filled with some sort of blue crap. They need to be finished. I think there's another tooth or two with small cavities that need to be dealt with also. They also want to do some torture called Scaling and Planeing (ok I know that's not spelled right but I'm to dang tired to care, sorry) which has something to do with gingivitis and my gums and there will be blood and pain involved. Yup, I've been putting this off since last Feb. and I've been informed I have got to get it done, otherwise the Army could say I have to go back to the states... which might not be all bad but I still have to at least get the minimum amount of stuff done so I can stay here if hubby's transfer thingy doesn't go through. I don't wanna but I gotta. I'd much rather just have all my damn teeth pulled right on out n get dentures. Save me lotsa problems. Hubby doesn't care for the idea, but hell it's my mouth.
10. I'm kinda worried about my pap results. Haven't heard anything yet. This could be a good thing, could mean it came back fine. Maybe they only call if it's abnormal. Then again, they could just be waiting till after the New Year to give me the rotten news.
11. my house is a mess. Well it's messy, not dirty. It's bad enough it's bugging me, and that doesn't happen easily. I have to do something about this. Like tomorrow.
Oh yeah, and I have a freakin headache lol. Which started before my brain decided it just HAD to think about all this crap when I laid down to try to sleep. And I'm havin' a hot flash. Sheesh. K I'm gonna go smoke, which hopefully will cool me off, then maybe I'll take a bath, though not a really hot one, a bath almost always helps me fall asleep. Maybe I should have the bath, then the smoke, that way I can have a hot bath, cool off afterwards, and be assured of falling asleep. Which reminds me.
12. I think starting on the 1st I'll start posting a Tip of the Week. I'm just full of tips n tricks for various things. This is as good a place as any to share 'em. so here's a bonus, early tip.
When you can't sleep, take a warm bath or shower. It's a proven fact (no I don't have a link or anything, just something I read someplace years ago and tried) that by raising your body temp, doesn't have to be a lot, and then allowing it to cool down to normal, it somehow releases chemicals which tell your body/brain to shut up n go to sleep. The article I read stated to take the bath/shower a couple of hours before bed for best results. I find that it works pretty quickly for me most times though. Might be that conditioning thing again though, been doing it for years. I can take a bath at nearly any time of day and go right to sleep within a half hour, even after a full pot of coffee lol. Also could be that after my bath I always go out to smoke and it's cool to cold outside (depending on time of year of course) so I cool off more quickly than just by sitting/laying around in the house with the heat or a/c on. (In the summer I usually go from the tub to standing in front of a fan)
Anyway, it's worth a try if you have trouble falling asleep. If you happen to have any lavender essential oil, drip a few drops of that in the tub. Guarantee success with that combo! Oh damn, just remembered,
13. I need to make a list of oils I'm out of and find a reliable online source for pure essential oils.
K ya'll here's hoping I can sleep now lol. Have a good rest yourselves!






5 comment(s):
Your pap is probably fine... I find my doctors never call if the results are normal. I find this annoying... why do they leave me hanging like that?!? However, they seem to think that there's no reason to call if nothing's wrong. If you're worried, try calling them to see if the results are back.
Bummer about your teeth. If it makes you feel better, I just got two fillings today, one on each side of my mouth. (Blah... that freezing takes *forever* to wear off!)
By
noricum, at
1:20 AM
I've trained my mind as well but yet there are still those nights when I just cannot get it to focus on ONE thing long enough to go to sleep. I hate those nights.
I feel for you with your teeth issues. I went through so much pain with mine that when they were all out I was so relieved. (felt better too) Now if my mouth would just get used to these dang dentures!
By
Unknown, at
6:29 AM
~ DAWN
By
DAWN, at
9:12 AM
By
Daisy, at
2:10 PM
a good friend of mine makes the most wonderful soaps, lotions, etc. she gets her E.O.s from http://www.cedarvale.net/ and they are just wonderful! and good on the pricing too.
By
Lynlee, at
5:27 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home