Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

So far so good...

I thought for a minute last night I might be getting sick too, but I think it was just sympathy pains. I had a bit of a tummy ache but nothing like what my boys have had. Hubby is finally well enough to go to work, the kiddo is feeling much better today after sleeping off and on all of yesterday. He was hungry this morning, and I'd say that's a good sign. Keepin my fingers crossed that I don't end up with this mess. Power of the mind ya know ;) If I keep saying "I will NOT get sick" then I won't get sick.

Finished the tweed socks last night. Love them. Going to take pics soon, it's a nice sunny day outside. I have no idea what I'll start next. I still have the scarves, they're going slowly. I'm thinking scarves just weren't what I wanted to do, and if that's the case, why on EARTH did I start three of the damn things? I probably thought they'd be quick and simple mindless work. The ripple scarf is a PITA with all the color changes, every freakin row you change color. That makes me crazy so I do a few rows and switch to another project. The knitted scarf gets an average of an inch per day... at this rate I should finish it right after the spring thaw lol. The other scarf is going pretty well though. I like the stitch and enjoy the way the yarn changes color. That one might get finished this week. Unless I get distracted ;)

So what's on my agenda for today? Well I went to Black Purl Magazine's web site and signed up for the Make it Sacred Challenge. I found this thanks to Yarn Tomato and thought it sounded great. Granted, I already have a pretty good idea about creating scared space, but I haven't yet done it in this house. I thought it was time to do so. I plan to search out the space today. I'm a bit concerned by our total LACK of space, there's just not a free inch of floor, closet, wall, or anything else in this tiny place. I have no idea where I'll make my sacred space, but the challenge today is to look around and put my noggin to work on it. I also want to make a list of what I want FROM my sacred space. Which will help me in choosing the spot. Do I want a quiet spot where I can retreat and just Be, do I want a spot where I can sit quietly and crochet/read/journal, do I want a small corner for meditation? I have to decide this before I can pick the spot.

Of course, I can do more than one space. I could use the bathroom for quiet retreat, my bedside table for meditation, and my attic room for a quiet place to sit and do my thing. We'll see though.

I hope you all have a nice day =)

1 comment(s):

  • Glad you aren't sick and your men seem to be on the mend.
    I would have no clue where to find a sacred space 'round here... SPACE being the big challange here as well. Heck if I want to do a reading with my cards I am limited to the bed the floor or the wabbly dinning room table that I am afraid to use anymore. hehe


    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home