Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Friday, December 17, 2004

Just rambling today

It's Friday already? *sighs* It's going to be a long winter break. The kid was already talking about how booooored he was last night. Fortunately, he'll spend more of his time outside and won't be terribly bored. Plus with going to other people's houses and having kid's over here, he'll hopefully stay busy and out of mom's hair.

This morning when I went outside for my wake-up smoke I saw a rainbow =) It made me smile. That's not something I usually do before my first cup of coffee, it was so beautiful though!

It's warmer today. Now that you could go out in shorts, unless you happen to be a polar bear, but we have rain and it's not freezing or turning to snow. Lately it's been really foggy at night, and I have learned that when it's really cold and you have fog you also get a light covering of snow on the ground. I never knew that. Guess that's cuz I never lived anywhere that could happen lol. We haven't had any real snow yet, a couple of times it's come down just enough to dust the ground and cars, but melted as soon as the sun came up. The kiddo is bummed, he wants snow. He really wants to use his sled lol. I haven't been looking forward to the thought of snow, but now I think I'm ready. I ordered the flannel lined jeans I mentioned the other day. I so can't wait till they arrive! It's going to make me so happy to not turn into a popsicle when I have to go someplace! So, now I'll be warm enough to actually go out and watch him play in the snow =)

Speaking of ordering things =) I went yarn shopping last night online. I hit ebay and went to Franfurt Ave. (sorry I forgot to bookmark the link and ebay is not cooperating with me right now so I can't link to them) and I got some lovely yarns. I got some Icy Blue Chenille, Cocoa Bean Chenille, Lopi Wool, Wood Sprite, and Wine Country which are wome wool blends. I'm very excited to see them in person. They look so yummy in the pictures. I also have a bid on 75 skeins of yarn, I am not to hopeful I'll win it though because the reserve is not met, so I doubt I'll get it. It would be nice though. We'll see. If I don't get that, then I am going to go to Knitting Warehouse and spend the rest of my money there. They have some great prices and a nice selection. I'm thinking that may be my new yarn source, one, my base store only carries LB products and not very many, I can get those at Knitting Warehouse cheaper and with a much wider choice of colors. Also, they have all the other brands I'd want and at very good prices. I can't get the flat rate shipping since I have an APO address, but those of you in the States can so go check them out. $5.99 flat rate shipping on all orders to the cont. US sounds pretty good to me!

So the next couple of weeks should be exciting mail weeks for me, what with my orders and whatnot.

I started another pair of socks for myself. This time I'm using cotton, Sugar n Cream in the christmas varigated. Hopefully this time they'll be better lol. I find each time I make something it is slightly better than the previous time. I haven't decided if I'm going to do a heel on these or not. I probably will though. I need the practice lol.

Not too much else going on. I played with my yarn stash yesterday, organized it a bit. I now have a WIP basket (instead of having WIP's everywhere they are now all in one spot) I have a basket to hold yarn that I am selfishly keeping for myself and another for yarns that I can use for items to sell, plus the two bedding baskets stuffed full of yarns, a drawer of baby yarn, two bags of sweaters to be frogged and balled, and two baskets of balls and scraps. I have no idea what I will do if I win the ebay auction, but I will find a place for it lol.

I should spend today doing some housework, then I could spend the whole weekend with hook in hand =) I have several projects going and several more I want to start.
So will I actually clean? Probably not lol. My hands are already twitching, they want to play with yarn. Oh, I'm sure I'll do the usual floors, cat duties and such, but extras will probably wait for the weekend. I'm just not motivated enough at the moment to care about the layer of dust or the jackalopes under the sofa or the messy pile next to my computer or the multitude of other things that should get done sometime soon. Frankly, a nap sounds lovely. It's dark and rainy outside, and quiet in my house, and I have cramps... perfect recipe for a nap if you ask me ;) And looking at the clock I have just about enough time for one before the heathen gets home from school. I can clean and crochet later.... nap time is good time! Nighty night ya'll =) Have a good day!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home