Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I survived!

Well I survived the trip! It was fun actually.

I only had to deal with three kids, my own plus two others. Each chaperone was assigned three kids to watch, we rode the bus downtown and everyone went together to see the play.

The play was called Sams, was all in German (though they did a few sentances and words here and there in English for the kids) but was easy enough to understand the gist of it.

After the play, we were allowed to go our own way and meet back at the buses at 1:00. So the boys and I went to McDonald's, the first time I've had McDonald's in 10 months lol. I don't generally care for their food, but it felt like a treat anyway! After, we went through the Market. I was able to get the things I wanted for the wishes I wanted to fill. Never found any yarn though. There were a couple of booths selling crocheted doilies and thread items, but the boys went past that so fast I didn't get a chance to look much lol. I bought two things for myself, a coffee cup and a bag of loose tea, Cafe Latte. Haven't had any yet, but it sounded interesting. It's got coffee, tea and milk in it. I'll probably make a cup shortly =)

I did remember to take my camera btw and will post some pics in a bit. Haven't been home long enough to deal with them just yet. I'm still thawing out! Also, my biggest concern, not being able to smoke.... well the boys agreed not to tattle on me so I was able to sneak in a smoke after lunch and again later while they were running off some energy. Their parents are smokers so they seemed to understand lol, the one kid even said his dad had done the same thing when he chaperoned the last trip, so I didn't feel bad. I just made sure there were no other parents around and that the kids were in sight but not close to the smoke.

One of the boys in my group was at first a concern to me. He's got a reputation in the school (which is not very big at all) as the class bully. When I found out he was in my group I was worried there'd be trouble. My son had some issues with him early in the school year, so I knew just enough about the kid to think I wouldn't like him and was dreading the day. He surprised me though and was well behaved, polite even. Heh, I had three people, two teachers and a parent, ask me how he was behaving and got shocked looks on their faces when I said he was very good. He and my son had worked out their issues a couple of months ago and get along well, and the other boy seemed to be ok with him too. So I worried needlessly =) They even thanked me for chaperoning, without being told to do so by the teacher first lol.

The only incident of real note, which could have been bad, but worked out ok, was when one of the boys accidentally knocked a dragon off a display and broke it. He didn't have enough to pay for it (it was 19 Euro) so I paid (thanking the Gods I hadn't already spent the money I'd brought!) and the guy glued the arm back onto the dragon and gave it to the boy, who then gave it to my son. The guy even gave me a 2 euro discount, which was cool because he didn't have to do that. So B got himself a neat dragon that he wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Once put back together you can't even tell where it was broken.

OH! And as we were about to board the busses to return to the school, we saw a demonstration. I'm not certain what they were demonstrating against, something to do with a building I'm guessing from the signs. I do not speak or read German, but you can pick out words here and there based on similarity. Anyway, I got a few pics of that too, if they come out alright I'll post them. It was a pretty good sized group, took them about five minutes to walk past us.

So that was my day =) I'm going to hop off here now, make myself a cup of tea and download the pics off the camera.

1 comment(s):

  • Sneaking the msokes at these kids things stinks doesn't it. I chaperoned a preschool trip to the zoo and had six kids to watch. Of course, I didn't smoke all day, but I did sneak off to the bathroom and hid behind it for two puffs. A lot of work for nothing really!!

    Anyway, glad you had fun. If it makes things better,it's on 34 for the high here today (in New Jersey) and windy. I hate the cold too!

    Smooches


    By Blogger Deneen, at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home