TGIF
I'm so glad the week is over. It's been busier than usual for me. Much going out of the house, I think I went out more this week than I did all last month lol. Feels like it anyway. I needed a quiet day today. I was invited to go to a Christmas Bazar (is that spelled right??) with the couple hubby introduced me to this week, but I haven't gotten crap accomplished here at home this week due to being out all week with the wife and the babies so I passed. They're nice people and all, and I realize that they just got here and know no one, and she's stuck in a hotel with those two babies (14 and 4 months old) all day, but I've spent way more time being social than I am used to and I've reached my weekly limit. I've had a very quiet 10 months and have gotten unused to hearing babies squalling, and having to keep conversations going.... Marvie needs her space. I don't deal well with clingy ppl, I hope like hell she isn't one of those.So I gave her the hat and scarf, she loved them =) I'm really glad too. Looks cute as hell on her. Now I just have to get busy on the fun fur scarf. I started it night before last, got about 4 inches done. Didn't work on it at all yesterday or last night though. Was out all day with her and the babies, then last night after she went back to the hotel with her hubby and kids I ended up making a couple of chapstick covers for the kiddo.
Did I mention his newest idea? He gave up on making hats himself. He didn't want to make the swatches and I refused to teach him hats till he gave me swatches, so it stalled lol. Instead, he now wants me to make chapstick coveres and he's going to try to sell them (I have emailed the lady who wrote the pattern to ask her about it) as well as hats, all made by Mom, who gets a commission lol. The school nurse was in the class the other day and talked about chapped lips and gave everyone chapstick, sooooo he thinks it might work. This morning he woke me up to ask me if he could start "advertising" the covers and hats. I told him only by word of mouth. He can show them the ones I made him and let them know how much we're selling them for, tell them if they're interested to come over and pick colors.
I'm making the covers out of embroidery floss. A skein is almost enough for one, it comes up a couple of rows short, so I am doing them in two colors. I'll post pics soon. I think that's what I'll be working on today, off and on anyway. It's a little hard on my hands, they're hurting after two last night. I can't imagine doing an entire doily or anything out of thread. I think I will be sticking to yarn after this lol.
I haven't worked on the other scarf for my friend in WA state in a while. I did get her input on length and whether she wanted fringe (she did) so I need to get back on that. She still hasn't picked a hat. If she doesn't do that by the time I finish the fun fur scarf and her scarf I may just make her a hat of my own choice lol. I need to get this finished lol.
I find I can not work on multiple projects very well. I have to finish one before I start another or the first never gets finished. I'm hoping I can handle two scarves and chapstick covers all at once, but after these are done I am back to one at a time.
OH! I finished the socks. Remember the socks I was making out of the leftovers from my pretty shawl? Well I finished 'em finally. They're in the dirty clothes right now so no pics yet, sorry. They make me laugh. I tried making them with heels. They have heels. One heel fits pretty well. The first heel is about two times to damn big though. I have no clue how I did them differently either so I am not sure how to fix the first, overgrown, heel. No, I was to lazy to use a pattern or to write down the process as I went. I'll probably end up making a new heel for that sock, because though I am not a perfectionist (by far!) I don't think I can live with a glaringly HUGE screwup either. If it was small, like a missed stitch, or something that just isn't overly obvious, I'd live with it. This is very obvious though. I'll fix it one of these days when I have time. I will wear them in the meantime though =) They're pretty, warm, and comfy (if you don't think about that heel from hell.)
Well, BB is officially done with her medicine, as of last night. The poor thing. She's now even more skittish about hands coming at her head than she was before. She's always been skittish about it, if you want to pet her head you have to come from behind or she ducks away. She likes being petted and scratched around her ears and chin, just doesn't like hands coming at her. I guess something scared her as a baby. We adopted her when she was about 4 months old and she's always been that way. After a week of meds though, during which I had to grab her neck to hold her still and a syringe of yukky stuff being shoved in her mouth.... well you can imagine. But she's all better now. Hopefully it'll be a good long time before it has to be done again.
Speaking of the cats... they have been reminded about babies this week. Tux and BB have been raised around kids and babies because I used to keep kids. Goofball though has never been around kids, except B and his friends. BB adores babies. She likes to sit next to them and watch them, when they nap she'll lay beside them as if guarding them. Tux doesn't much care for them. They're loud, smelly and take his Mommy's attention away from him. He usually hides. Goofball was a bit of a concern at first. He's rather ummmm agressive. He has Top Cat syndrome. If he doesn't like something he swats at it. Most of the time with claws, at least with the other cats. The first time I tried to use the cat brush on him he reached out and whapped it, then bit it. Didn't like it one bit. One day he swatted the coffee grinder, I guess he had a headache lol. Usually it doesn't bother him, he comes up on the counter every time I make coffee and doesn't run from the grinder (unlike the other two who run from anything noisy) but that day, as soon as I pushed the button, his ears went back and the paw came up and swat, swat, swat. So I was a bit worried that the 14 month old would annoy him and pay the price. *knocking wood* so far though he's been a good boy. He reached out once when she got to close to him, but I told him "No" and he stopped. Keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't turn on her though.
I have a huge list of things to do today. I have to:
Finish the Yule cards (24 of them that have to be addressed by hand, ugh)
Do the floors. (requires two vacuums and an extension cord bc there's only one 110 outlet to use)
Cat duty (litter boxes, feed, water)
Pick up my piles. (bedroom, bath, computer area and my spot in the LR)
Dust
Work on scarves and chapstick covers.
Go to store for dinner stuff and milk.
Research making photos smaller.
Shower.
File my nails because they've been peeling and chipping like crazy.
Dinner.
It won't all get done. I know this. Not today at least. I'll get it done eventually though. Along with the things that get added to the list before the day/weekend is over. It's actually a never-ending list. I cross off a thing or two and add a thing or three. Some days it feels like nothing gets accomplished at all, even though I know I've done stuff. If it wasn't for hubby taking up the slack, our house would probably be a huge stinkin mess. That's not true though. It doesn't turn into a pig sty when he's out to sea. Somehow I get it all done without him.
Well, I better get off here and get started so I can at least get a few things crossed off. Ya'll have a good day =)






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home