Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Friday, December 03, 2004

Finished!

I finished my MIL's blanket last night. I'm quite proud of the fact that when folded, all the edges and corners actually meet. I do think this is a first for me LOL. Now I just have to run it through the wash to get all kitty germies off it. MIL is alergic to cats =(

Guess what?!?! I got a call yesterday from the lady I gave the hat to and she said she wore it to her ladies church meeting and everyone loved it and several people asked how they could get hats made for them =) Is that not awesome??

So I spent the first part of the morning re working my web page. I put some pics of my finished projects on there, and will put the rest as soon as I figure out how... the ones I've posted with Hello! still need to be done, but I got all the ones from ImageShack up. I added links to a few pattern sites also. I plan to do more stuff in time, but that's a start. It's a place where potential customers can see my previous work, contact info is there too (hubby doesn't want me giving out our phone number, and he said flyers might not be a good idea because they've got rules about home based businesses and such that I don't want to deal with trying to do...) so I'll give 'em my email addy and if they contact me, then I'll tell them where to come to place orders and see stuff in person. Hopefully that won't be against the rules lol.

And, when my kiddo discovered that making hats is a money making opportunity, he asked me to teach him how to make hats. Cool huh? I've already taught him to chain, SC and he started on DC last time he was interested (it goes in fits n spurts, like when he's real bored lol) so I told him sure. If he can make something presentable, I'll let him sell them. He wants to earn enough money to buy himself a dvd player. This is a way for him to do that. So I promised him I'd start teaching him when I finished grandma's blanket. Guess that's today huh?

I figure I will start him off with swatches. He knows the stitches, but he has not yet actually produced any fabric out of it. So I'll have him make a swatch of SC and one of DC. Then I'll show him how to do the crown, the counting and increases, and as I show him this stuff, I'll show him on the pattern so he can learn pattern reading at the same time, smart as the little fiend is, he'll have it all down in no time lol. I think this will be a fun and interesting experience. Kinda can't wait to start lol.

I get to have my first experience with a German *whispering* V.E.T. today.... my poor BB is sick. I'm pretty sure she has a bladder infection, she tries and tries to go but nothin's happening. So I asked my neighbor if her vet does cats, called, got an appointment at 4:45 today. The guy speaks pretty good English so it should go pretty smoothly. The same neighbor I got the number from offered to drive us, which was SO kind of her because I had been stresing over how to get my unable-to-pee-and-highly-anxious-screaming-cat to the *whispering again* V.E.T. You see, BB is Houdini re-encarnated. The little snot can slither her way out of just about any container you put her in. I was so afraid we'd have to walk her there, all the while picturing her escaping the carrier and getting hit by a German bus or something. So poor BB's gonna have to go to the second scariest place ever, and they're gonna give us pills, which will just be the most enjoyable of experiences... I hope he has a pill giver device I can bring home... or a suit of armor.

Hubby of course will not be home to go with me. (Sounded like he was pretty busy when I called him earlier.) Such is the life of a Navy wife *g* that's alright though, he didn't get upset at all when I informed him his daughter would need to go see the you-know-who and the thoughts of Euros/exchange rates went dancing in his head. He just sighed and said "Call first thing in the morning." He's a good kitty daddy. He doesn't know it yet, but he gets to help me pill her heheheh.

Well, I got things to try to get done, someone had a litter party this morning, which means I have an appointment with Mr.Broom-Vac lol. Ya'll have a great day!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home