Still haven't done much
I'm feeling lazy I guess. I finished the kiddo's mittens last night. He decided he wanted the thumbs to flip off too so I made him flip thumbs. Nope, no pics because he wore them to school this morning. Warms this mama's heart to have my kid love the stuff I made him enough to wear it as soon as it's completed =) I'll try to get pics later when he gets home.I think I'm going to start a 'ghan. I have lots of scraps and balls. Might as well do something with them. Dunno yet if it'll be a full 'ghan or a lapghan... guess we'll see when I start chaining lol. OOOHH and I had a thought (just now) for the chenille leftovers... I could make my shawl out of that! That's be oh so warm and soft. I have purple and navy blue and green and that pinky magenta color and tan.... not enough of any single color but I might could do something interesting by combining them, or some of them. If it doesn't turn out well I can always frog it.
I really should make some hats and scarves up for the thrift shop. Never gonna sell anything if I don't get something out there TO sell right?
So it's not that there's nothing TO do... I'm just being lazy.
Oh, I made a super yummy soup last night. I'm going to share it with ya'll, it was that good. Pretty quick and easy too.
Potato-Cauliflower Soup
3 or 4 med. potatoes (commissary didn't have those so I got baking potatoes)
1 sm head of cauliflower
2 C chicken broth (I used more because I used more veggies)
3/4 C plain yogurt (again, store didn't have any so I substituted sour cream, I used about 1/2 C)
2 C milk
Some chives, garlic powder, celery salt, white pepper and a little bit of paprika... didn't measure 'em, just tossed some of whatever I grabbed from the cabinet in)
Peel and cut potatoes, break cauliflower into small bits and toss in the pot with the broth. Cook till done, about 15 mins or so depending on the size of the veggies. Oh, and I was lazy and didn't peel my taters but it came out just fine.
While the veggies are cooking get out your blender or food processor and set up. When they're done, put them in the appliance (in batches to fit) and puree. Return to pot and (being very careful here because my dumb ass did myself an injury when I returned the HOT pureed veggies to the stove where they immediately began to boil again, it bubbles up big time and as I reached across to turn the heat down a bubble splashed my lip and burnt the shit out of me! A can of frozen juice held to it while finishing the cooking process, followed by an application of my trusty Aloe plant from the window sill and all is well, no disfiguring mark) So now that you've carefully returned the stuff to the pot and brought back to a *gentle!* boil, throw in the yogurt or sour cream, whichever you decide to use, and the milk... cook this for a few more minutes and voila... you have a yummy soup.
All told from start to finish it took me about a half hour to prep and cook. I added shredded cheese and fresh ground pepper to my bowl (hubby didn't) and I made garlic bread (was great for dipping lol) to go with it. Do let it cool for a while before eating or you will hurt yourself! This soup holds it's heat quite well.
It was delicious, fast, and easy. Now, I don't generally care for cauliflower, but pureed like this with the taters it was quite yummy. I bet even my picky brat would eat it (he ate at his tutor's house so he missed out) if I neglected to mention the cauliflower and just told him it was potato soup. We'll find out tonight, since I always make more than one meal's worth when I make soups. I think tonight I'll throw some bacon on top.... yuuuuuuummmm.
Well that's all for now. Ya'll have a great day... and watch out for boiling soups *g*






2 comment(s):
By
Unknown, at
6:29 AM
By
Anonymous, at
5:38 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home