Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Friday, November 19, 2004

I finished the shawl!

I finished it at about midnight, but I haven't taken a pic yet. I'll post one or two tomorrow though I promise. Hubby got the new camera installed ( oh and all spelling mistakes are purely the result of the German wine I have been drinking for medicinal purposes ;) it helps with cramps {I originally spelled that crapms} which I always get really bad the first couple of days) though he had to install the software on his machine, it's newer than mine and something about USB somethin' somethin' {insert numbers here} and anyway, I can take pics but have to download 'em onto his machine, then go to my machine and dig through Goddess only knows how many layers of files to find 'em so I can then upload 'em to share. It's a bit of a pain in the butt but I will suffer through as I just really think the camera is to cute for words. She's barely bigger than out cell phone. I haven't named her yet, but it will come to me I am sure. Oh yeah, the shawl. She took 4 full balls of Wool Ease. I could have made her longer (since he bought me 6 balls) but as it stands, the shawl is below my waist (which should make her waist length on my friend who is somewhat taller than me) and covers my arms down to my elbows. It worked up quite quickly, esp. once I got the pattern memorized. I absolutely LOVE the way it lays over your shoulders, it sits much better than the triangle shawl I made myself recently. I definatly have to have one for myself. I also emailed the designer and aksed her if I could sell it over here and she gave me permission, so I can start amking them for my little corner in the thrift shop. I really think that they'd go over well here. These apartments are so uneavely heated, you really need a shawl to keep warm. Well if you're like me and get hot flashes at the strangest times, and therfor refuse to wear heavy clothes. I dress in layers so I can shed as I get hot and add as I get cold. I have my triangle shawl over my 'puter chair, a blanket/wrap at my spot on the couch and my favorite green sweater (which is usually found wherever I happened to be when I got hot last) to keep my comfy. I can't be the only person on this base who's cold. There will be people who'll want this shawl.

As an added benifit, I have enough of the yarn left over to make the hat for the lady who liked B's hat so much. She wanted red, but I just couldn't talk myself into using bright christmasy red. I think this will be perfect. That'll be tomorrow's project. If it turns out she really wants bright red, then the cranberry one can go in the For Sale box.

Ok well I just wanted to let ya'll know that the shawl is complete and that the camera is operational, will post pics tomorrow ( I put the shawl in the bedroom and hubby is already asleep) once hubby is up. Plus, that way he can just show me where the files are rather than me having to force the computer to give them up. I admit it, I'm lazy. Hubby is an OS (Operations Specialist in Navy terms) and he likes pusing buttons and seeing what happens. I don't. Show me what to do to get the results I want and that is the full extent of what I will do. I have no interest in the internal workings of the file system or the harware of this machine. I say if it ain't broke don't dix it. He says if it ain't broke, play with it till it IS, then figure out how to fix it. Just so long as his playing/breaking/fixing doesn't keep me from getting to my blog or the places I like to go every day.

K, I'm off to bed now, the cat is pitching a fit and the wine is kicking in. Night ya'll =)

1 comment(s):

  • As always, you are too funny! The shawl sounds beautiful, can't wait to see pics from your new camera! I tried that pattern once and didn't get it. I'll have to try it again.
    Hope you are feeling better. Sounds like the German wine helped.
    C


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home