Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Lazy Sunday

Not that it's in any way different from most other days for me lol.

I just pissed off my cat, he wants in my lap and I told him no. So he's sitting on the arm of my chair looking at me with his big yellow eyes, hoping I'll change my mind. I will, I always do lol. Either that or he just won't take "no" for an answer, which is usually the case. And I just about finished typing that sentence before he inserted himself under my right arm. He's a happy boy now. I can't move my left arm though, he's planted his fat head on it, so I am typing mostly one handed. I can reach about 6 keys with my left hand lol. And nope, I won't move my arm, nor will I move my legs when my feet fall asleep ( I sit cross legged in my chain most of the time) because that's just the kinda Mommy I am lol. He'll go away in a few minutes when he realizes I am not going to stop typing and pet him.

Well, I made a mitten for B last night, but he once again spent the night at a friend's house so I couldn't try it on him as I went. I can only hope it will fit lol. (nope I forgot to take it outside when I took the hats so there's no pic.) I'm going to wait till he gets home at noon and try it on him, if it fits I will proceed with it's mate. If not I will start over lol. I do intend to have him a pair finished today though. It's too cold for him to be riding to school bare handed.

I think I mentioned the other day about the lady who saw his hat and asked him to see if I'd make her one? Well she called last night about it... and to see if he could sleep over lol... and she asked how much I would charge. I said $10, which considering the yarn (if I tried to figure it out) probably only cost me pennies (consider 66 skeins plus all the little balls for like $35.00) and an hour or so of my time should be fair, you think? Plus if she gets asked about it and spreads the word, I could get more orders. So I told her to come over and take a look at my yarns. She hasn't come over yet, but I think she might today.

We went grocery shopping last night. Hubby borrowed the neighbor's car so we could get the big/heavy stuff and really stock up (which we can't usually do when we walk) and while we were there I finally found B a snowsuit. I guess it's a snow suit of sorts. It's a heavy coat and a pair of coveralls. Now I just need to get him snowboots and he'll be totally prepared for playing in the snow. Next payday, which is only days away.

Hubby has also completed B's Yule gift buying. There is now a PS 2 and a boatload of games on the way here, courtesy of ebay. We bought a motor for his scooter several weeks ago when we found it on sale. We've also gotten him a book with over a thousand trading cards in it. A gameboy game (if I can remember where I hid it) oh yeah, and he got an early present when the Nintendo 64 arrived, he has a bunch of 64 games but his system up an died on him a while back, so hubby won him one off ebay and we went ahead and gave it to him. He seems to play that system more than he does his PS1, so it was worth buying. Yanno what's funny? Everything that I just listed was all hubby's idea, he found the stuff, he bought the stuff. Oh, well ok I found the scooter motor. This is highly unusual, hubby rarely involves himself in buying for the kid, other than telling me "ok get it" when I tell him about something. I'm very proud of my hubby =) I think making him take over our finances has been very good for him ;-)

Yes, I made him take over the finances when he went to shore duty. I'd had them for the entire time we'd been together, but I had taken them over with the provision that he would do it when he wasn't at sea. So last December when he came off the boat for the last time, I handed him the checkbook, the stack of bills and a copy of the budget. Said "It's all your's now baby, enjoy." and I flat refused to pay a single bill or write one check. He didn't like it, didn't want it, and tried to pretend he didn't have to do it. But I held steady and he finally had to sit down and pay some bills before they became late. He still doesn't like it, but he hasn't tried to talk me into taking it back since January. He knows I meant it. I'll resume when he goes back to sea and not one minute before. I needed the break from the stress and crap. I spent 4 years juggling his pay around, paying our regular utilities and paying off old debts and making sure we had enough to play occasionally too. It was due to that juggling that we were able to buy our very first brand new car two years ago. Right before we moved over here though, for about a year, we were just falling behind somehow. Farther behind every month. It got to the point where we had more than I could handle and I went to him in tears and said "you have to help me, I just can't do it." So we sat down together and I showed him the list of overdue stuff, plus the currently due stuff, compared to our income, and there just wasn't enough. So he raided savings and took out a loan and we paid most of it off right then. That was about 6 weeks before he took over, and since then he has paid off our one store credit card, made a huge dent in our Military credit card and kept us current on all bills, plus even has some savings built back up. I'm very proud of him for what he's accomplished in less than a year.

We'll have been married 4 years this coming Tuesday... together just over 5 years. I consider myself a very lucky woman. He puts up with my eccentricities, my moodiness, occasional anxiety, and everything else that gets thrown at him. He does dishes, laundry and TOILETS. (which he does because I informed him before we married that I'd rather shovel horse shit 8 hours a day and clean barns than do dishes, laundry or toilets.) He also pitches in and picks up the slack when I get lazy or don't feel good. He cooks too =) He's also a pretty good Fixer. Nothing stays broken in this house lol. He's a good listener, he usually has very good advice, he's sweet and loving, and he's my best friend.

Now don't get me wrong, he's not totally perfect, he has his faults. But his positive aspects more than outweigh the faults. And he learns from his mistakes =)

No, he does not have a brother *g* and though I have been asked numerous times, nope, I don't rent him out. I have on occasion considered opening a Husband Training School though and letting hubby do the training. I really can't take any credit, he came to me this way. I credit most of it to his Mom. She did a good job raising him, made him self sufficient (he even sews and irons!!) and she taught him well in all areas. The Navy picked up where she left off. I am just the lucky recipient =)

Now, if you're wondering why I have been going on and on about him... well I guess it's because our anniversary is coming, or it might be that I just felt he deserved public recognition for all he does. I dunno lol. I just sit here and start typing, I don't always control what comes out of my fingers =)

I'm gonna go get more coffee now and decide what project to work on next =)

Ya'll have a great Sunday!

3 comment(s):

  • The military does do a great job in making husbands pretty efficient and handy (hehe). You are very lucky, as am I and I think it is great that you publicly praise him. It would make his day to know. Hope the hat commission works out for you and that you get even more, that would be great! Happy crocheting!
    Your Secret Pal:)


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:24 PM  

  • Sounds like you are as lucky as I am hubbywise.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:25 PM  

  • Happy anniversary!!!

    By Blogger Daisy, at 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home